Using Message + with eSim on Pixel 2
jtrothvzw
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is a brand new situation that maybe not many people have thought about.  But if anyone has and has a work-around I'd love to know.  For international travel I plan to switch over my phone to using the eSim on Project Fi, using my google phone #.  I've been playing around with it now though to see how it works.  The main issue I have is that when I switch over to the eSim my phone changes to my google # (of course) but then so does my Message + app.  And that means it can't get any messages sent to my normal verizon #, even over wifi.  It doesn't connect to my normal account.

Project FI will forward messages that it receives to my verizon number, but I haven't found any way to forward messages from verizon to my google number.

Anyone have any suggestions for a work-around? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Using Message + with eSim on Pixel 2
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jtrothvzw, this certainly is a new one! Let's all figure it out together. Your smartphone needs a Verizon SIM card to speak to the Verizon network. Once that SIM card is removed you are no longer able to connect to our tower. Therefore, you won't receive calls and texts using your Verizon number. It's like deactivating your phone. Does that make sense?

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes