Using Verizon Messages on a phone without sim
Konstantyn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I was wondering if it is somehow possible to use Verizon Messages on a phone that no longer has a sim card. I'm using my phone that was previously utilized as my primary phone in order to listen to music and other activities where I do not want to utilize my new phone in. I know that the application can connect via internet and connects to devices like tablets and computers.

If there's a way to do it, please let me know. Thank you ahead of time!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Using Verizon Messages on a phone without sim
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question Konstantyn. Here is a link with all the information you need to use this feature http://vz.to/1lzgwGI and http://vz.to/171i7xf . It has to be a working device with compatible software.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Konstantyn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

Thank you for answering my question and provide me with information.

However, that doesn't really help me because it only answers questions about devices that are WiFi based.

Since my previous phone had verizon as it's service, it doesn't give me the same options as WiFi based systems have.

I want to link up my new phone to my old one with verizon messages so that I can use the features of the app. Is that possible?

Thanks for letting me know ahead of time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to be able to get all your options Konstantyn. I do know that in order for Verizon Messages+ to work you do need an active phone number to be associated with it. Were you trying to get the other phone activated in it's place?
AmberF_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Konstantyn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I have an active phone that is receiving service from verizon currently. What I'm trying to do is connect my old phone that previously received service because I do not take my phone with service everywhere I go. I don't see any options or sources that allow me to do that for devices that are meant to connect to a service though.

Thank you for reading ahead of time and will be awaiting your response.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Konstantyn,

Got it! I do believe that we are on the same page. The Message+ application will indeed require an active mobile number assigned to the device to work through the application itself. However, with Message+ you would still be able to receive and send messages by accessing the Message+ online from your phones browser by logging into your My Verizon account. You can log in directly to the Message+ app by going here http://spr.ly/6583BpQEZ.

AdamG_VZW

Konstantyn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is it possible to be done through the app or would it be possible to receive an update for the application that allows phones to be connected through the application only?

0 Likes
Bootswithfur

Please remove me from your spam list

On Fri, Dec 18, 2015, 11:11 AM Konstantyn <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Bootswithfur wrote:

Please remove me from your spam list

On Fri, Dec 18, 2015, 11:11 AM Konstantyn <forums@verizonwireless.com>

If you're referring to the e-mail notices you receive from the Verizon Wireless Community Forum, you'll need to do that yourself by changing your preferences on your forum account.  There should be a link at the bottom of the e-mails you receive.

0 Likes
Csirish

@

0 Likes