VERIZON MESSAGES PC App
lurch3777

I am trying to use the Version Messages Desktop App for the PC using Windows 7. I am able to correctly register my phone number with the app. I even get a text msg on my phone stating "VZW Free Msg: Your device has been successfully registered with your integrated Messaging Account..."  However, the application will not connect. The little circle icon next to the pencil icon keeps spinning around and around with no success.

Eventually I get an error message stating that VZW messages was unable to connect.

Things I have already tried

• Disconnecting my device and reconnecting it
  • Turning off windows Firewall
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling the application
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VERIZON MESSAGES PC App
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry your having issues lurch3777. Did you download the application from the google play store to your phone? Also try power the phone off and on.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
lurch3777

no I downloaded it from Verizon Wireless website found here

Verizon Messages - Verizon Wireless

The icon that says "Download Desktop App"

0 Likes
lurch3777

So... can I get some help with this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lurch3777,

We would love to assist you further with this issue. I want to make sure the Verizon Messages app on the phone and the Verizon Messages app on the desktop are running the same version. If they are currently running two different software versions it can cause issues with the sync process. How long have you had the Verizon Messages app on the phone? Is the Verizon messages app up to date on the phone? Please uninstall and reinstall the application on the phone and the computer and then reinstall both and test.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lurch3777

That's interesting that both would need to be on the same version. As I understand it my phone could be off and the desktop app should still work?

I uninstalled on both the computer and the phone. After both were uninstalled I reinstalled on both. AND I'm still having the same issue.

I've had Verizon Messages on the phone for a couple months now.

Phone is using version: 5.1.1

Desktop is using version: 1.0.4.0

They seem to both have a different version scheme.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot, lurch3777! Have you tested a different web browser or PC? On the current PC also try clearing the cookies and temporary internet files of your browser.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Datahero
Enthusiast - Level 3

Lurch,

I wouldn't bother any more with the Desktop application.  My experience was that it simply could not be made to work (see my other posts for more details).  Believe me, I tried real hard.

I think you would be FAR better off using the web application which, as nearly as I can tell, is superior to the desktop app in every way and does not hang (yet).

Check it out.

If you have some reason that you absolutely must use the desktop app, then you have my sympathy.

0 Likes
lurch3777

OK, just tried a fresh box that's never had anything Verizon on it, and it still doesn't work. Since I'm trying to get the Desktop App working why would the browser have anything to do with anything?

0 Likes
Datahero
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, perhaps you misinterpret me or I have not explained myself clearly.  I meant to make the following points.

• The Current Desktop application has stability and feature issues.  My inclination is to believe that it can not be made to consistently work on any system for any period of time. Therefore, your choice of system, virgin or not may be irrelevant. See my other posts for more information on the matter.Has anyone used Verizon Messages Desktop App
  • I recommended the web application.  You can see the reasons why in that post.
  • The desktop application does not appear to directly use any web browsing technology.  You don't even run a browser to use it.  Therefore, the choice and version of browser is irrelevant.  They simply aren't programmatically related.

Let me know if any of this doesn't make sense.  In a sentence, you may be wasting your time trying to get the desktop application to correctly and consistently function, no matter how much help or support you receive.

However, if you DO manage to get it working, then I would greatly appreciate your detailing of how you did so, here.  I spent a number of hours with it and have enough technical background to get things to function.  It's unusual for me not to.  The desktop application completed defeated all my efforts to get it to work.

0 Likes