VTEXT.COM NOT WORKING AT ALL
0819RN
Enthusiast - Level 1

Vtext.com is not working. Very disappointed with Verizon. I spoke to Verizon customer service tier2 and they couldn't give me an answer to why it doesn't work anymore. It started getting spotty in June and now it just doesn't work at all.

My co workers that have different wireless carriers are all getting the messages and everyone who had Verizon is not.

Verizon when will you get this fixed? I see multiple people on here complaining about it?

Re: VTEXT.COM NOT WORKING AT ALL
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@0819RN wrote:

Vtext.com is not working. Very disappointed with Verizon. I spoke to Verizon customer service tier2 and they couldn't give me an answer to why it doesn't work anymore. It started getting spotty in June and now it just doesn't work at all.

My co workers that have different wireless carriers are all getting the messages and everyone who had Verizon is not.

Verizon when will you get this fixed? I see multiple people on here complaining about it?

You might send an email describing the issue to the Verizon Messaging Team using email: verizonmessages at verizonwireless dot com.  The more they get alerted directly, maybe it will help getting it resolved.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us. Let's review. When did this start? Which messaging application are you using? Also, what is the Make/Model of your device? 

-Sylvia

Tags (1)
0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@0819RN wrote:

Vtext.com is not working.

Well, I just sent myself an email to my phone number at vtext.com from my Comcast email using Outlook and the text to my phone came through immediately.   I had tested sending an email from my Gmail account to my number at vtext.com at 6p (4 hours ago) and it has NOT made it to my phone yet.

This is the issue, mail from Gmail accounts to Verizon phone numbers at vtext.com (and vzwpix.com) is severely delayed or never delivered at all.

It has been well documented in other threads that the traffic from Gmail via vtext.com or vzwpix.com through the gateway server to the Verizon wireless network is seriously throttled or blocked.  Nobody from the Verizon Messaging Team has provided updates as to why or when it will be fixed/allowed.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for continuing to try to persuade Verizon to actually do something about this problem, jav6.

The responses i'm seeing about this from vzw_customer_support are essentially a TEDTalk "How to know when someone is gaslighting you."

0 Likes
WhyForYouCall
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue here.  Email account I have used for 12+ to send weather alerts is now failing with a specific failure return email.

Partial error:

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: DM8P221MB0326.NAMP221.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM
Receiving server: DM8P221MB0326.NAMP221.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM
Total retry attempts: 14

[email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]
8/19/2022 1:50:29 AM - Server at DM8P221MB0326.NAMP221.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM returned '550 5.4.300 Message expired -> 421 4.4.2 Connection dropped due to SocketError'
8/19/2022 1:32:12 AM - Server at vrz-sms.mx.a.cloudfilter.net (34.199.121.51) returned '421 4.4.2 Connection dropped due to SocketError'

0 Likes
username2948
Enthusiast - Level 1

Adding my 2 cents, vtext to iCloud address spotty to non existent.  Ping to vtext<dot>com fails.  VZN:  please get this valuable service running again

0 Likes
tmaster
Enthusiast - Level 2

Am having the same problem  here. 

Nothing they can troubleshoot on our end its a vz server problem. When will it be fixed?

We get text from our alarms and cameras.      

The verizon server is the problem. This needs to be escalated its affecting everyone

tmaster
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is not a equipment problem that you can trouble shoot. We run postfix locally which routes through Gmail. Gmail says the messages can not be delivered and are delayed. Its your server not the phones or our equipment. Its been going on for about a month everything has been checked its on your end please fix.

The response from the remote server was:

421 4.1.0 <xxx> server temporarily unavailable AUP#MXRT

ssalava42
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am surprised that no one has pointed the VZW support team to their own website.

https://www.verizon.com/about/news/vzw/2013/06/computer-to-phone-text-messaging which says this site was was updated on 02/11/18.  

Option 2: Use @VTEXT.com to send text through email

Here’s another way to send a text message from a computer to a fellow Verizon Wireless customer:

1. Compose a new email and use the recipient’s mobile phone number as the email address, with the addition of “@vtext.com” at the end.
  2. For example, if the phone number is 555-123-4567, type “[email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service].”
  3. Make sure you keep your message under 140 characters. (Remove your email signature before sending, if you use one.)
  4. Once you’re finished, hit send. 

It’s that simple. And the recipient can reply directly to your email.

Tags (1)
0 Likes