VTEXT.com Has Stopped Working when Sending from Server
mmartin0926
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello All,

At my  work we have a System Monitoring Server that used to send us emails and txt messages when certain alarms were tripped on the server. I'm not sure when this began happening, but we are getting an error when attempting to send a message to myPhoneNum@vtext.com directly from the server. Which was working not too long ago.

Below is the error from my Mail Log file on the Server, which looks like vtext is rejecting the message. *BTW its a Linux Server...

Error from Mail Log File:

*I edited the Domain/Host Name of the server and also hid my phone number using "#" symbols...

postfix/pickup[15140]: 25CCD88057: uid=9000 from=<root>

postfix/cleanup[13850]: 25CCD88057: message-id=<20140109181555.25CCD88057@serverName.locale.businessName.local>

postfix/qmgr[4257]: 25CCD88057: from=<root@serverName.locale.businessName.local>, size=536, nrcpt=1 (queue active)

postfix/smtp[13863]: connect to smtp-bb.vtext.com[69.78.128.213]: server refused to talk to me: 554 njbrspamp2.vtext.com   (port 25)

postfix/smtp[13863]: connect to smtp-sl.vtext.com[69.78.67.53]: server refused to talk to me: 554 txslspamp4.vtext.com   (port 25)

postfix/smtp[13863]: 25CCD88057: to=<##########@vtext.com>, relay=none, delay=0, status=deferred (connect to smtp-sl.vtext.com[69.78.67.53]: server refused to talk to me: 554 txslspamp4.vtext.com  )

The last TXT message I received from this server was on November 3, 2013. Since that was just the last time I received a TXT from that server, it's possible that it stopped working more recently then that and there were just no alarms sent from that server since that date/time...

The strange part is this used to work perfectly in the past but now it has stopped working... And if I send the EXACT same message, in terms of Subject/Body/To fields, from my Lotus Notes Email Client on my PC it works just fine.

Could this have anything to do with the "Senders" address? For example, when this WAS working the "sender" name would come up as "serverName@hostname.local.businessName.local". I know our spam filter in the office here has issues when the senders address has the word "localhost" in the name... Has Verizon changed it's policies in this regard?

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestion it would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in Advance,

Matt

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VTEXT.com Has Stopped Working when Sending from Server
mmartin0926
Enthusiast - Level 1

I believe I found the issue with this.

The IP Address that this server was sending out emails from, was at one point, blacklisted. So I changed the server to use our email gateway IP instead, and SMS Messages are being sent through now.

-Matt

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: VTEXT.com Has Stopped Working when Sending from Server
mmartin0926
Enthusiast - Level 1

I believe I found the issue with this.

The IP Address that this server was sending out emails from, was at one point, blacklisted. So I changed the server to use our email gateway IP instead, and SMS Messages are being sent through now.

-Matt

0 Likes