VText Not receiving email from my company's SMTP server.
adamjgp
Enthusiast - Level 2

On or about 6/23/2021 I stopped getting email-to-text from my company's SMTP server to my <number>@vtext.com address.

When I try to send a test message from my personal GMAIL account, the message arrives in about 10 minutes, which is a long time for an email message to arrive.

Here's the email message we get in our SMTP queued directory.  I have redacted some information

Received: from XXX ([10.1.1.35]) by YYY with Microsoft SMTPSVC(7.5.7600.16601);
Wed, 30 Jun 2021 11:41:38 -0400
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service], [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]
Date: 30 Jun 2021 11:41:38 -0400
Subject: Alert Error -  Download Job Failure
Return-Path: Alerts@EMAILADDRESS
Message-ID: <[email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service].local>
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 30 Jun 2021 15:41:38.0463 (UTC) FILETIME=[6A45CAF0:01D76DC6]

Here is a file that is found in the BadMail folder on our SMTP Server

To: Alerts@EMAILADDRESS
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 07:27:26 -0400
Content-Type: multipart/report; report-type=delivery-status;
boundary="9B095B5ADSN=_01D6578A2B743B83000000BCHADES.mont.local"
X-DSNContext: 7ce717b1 - 1386 - 00000002 - C00402D1
Message-ID: <xC9AZvoMk00000016@DOMAIN>
Subject: Delivery Status Notification (Failure)

This is a MIME-formatted message.
Portions of this message may be unreadable without a MIME-capable mail program.

--9B095B5ADSN=_01D6578A2B743B83000000BCHADES.mont.local
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=unicode-1-1-utf-7

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Unable to deliver message to the following recipients, due to being unable to connect successfully to the destination mail server.

[email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]
[email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]

Content-Type: message/delivery-status

Reporting-MTA: dns;DOMAIN
Received-From-MTA: dns;SENDER_SERVER
Arrival-Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 05:35:01 -0400

Final-Recipient: rfc822;[email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]
Action: failed

Final-Recipient: rfc822;[email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]
Action: failed

Content-Type: message/rfc822

Received: from SERVER([10.1.1.35]) by DOMAIN with Microsoft SMTPSVC(7.5.7600.16601);
Sun, 27 Jun 2021 05:35:01 -0400
To: [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service], [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]
Date: 27 Jun 2021 05:35:01 -0400
Subject: Found 2 Off-Hours Error Alerts for 2021-06-27
Return-Path: Alerts@EMAILADDRESS
Message-ID: <[email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service].local>
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 27 Jun 2021 09:35:01.0651 (UTC) FILETIME=[B3E96630:01D76B37]

As I said, this started on 6/23 approximately.  Previous to that it was working correctly and we would get our alert emails when something needed to be addressed in the system.  Now, we do not get those emails and we have lost visibility on possible critical issues.

Is there some SPF or configuraiton change that I need to make on the STMP server?  I'm not entirely up to speed on the administration of the server.

0 Likes
Re: VText Not receiving email from my company's SMTP server.
adamjgp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do I need to log in and post under my company's business account?  Something is wrong with VTEXT, is there anything I can do on my end to correct it?  Other emails that are sent from my SMTP server are delivered fine.  Is there any other information you need or a better person/group to contact, maybe a network engineer?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello and thank you for reaching out to us with your concern.  We understand the importance of getting your emails, especially from work. Just to gain clarity, have you tried to remove the email account and then re add it?

0 Likes
adamjgp
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you're suggesting.

When I send emails to my vtext address, I am not getting them as text messages.  I don't know what to remove and readd.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is an existing issue mainly involving messages sent from a Gmail account to the phone number's vtext email address. The messages just don't arrive on the phone.

Your issue seems similar, but it is interesting to see you actually received a message from your Gmail account to your phone as a text message. Perhaps they have slightly fixed the Gmail issue and broke the rest in the process. 

Please check the other threads on the status of that issue. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good questions., I know how important is is to stay connected with your employer and the communications. I'm sorry that you have been experiencing this issue. Can you tell me if your account is listed under a consumer account or a business account?

0 Likes
adamjgp
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Ann154 Thanks for the info, I'll look into it.  Do you happen to have a link to any specific threads?

0 Likes
adamjgp
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support It is a Business Account.

0 Likes
adamjgp
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried telneting into the IP for vtext.com - 35.167.120.54 and got the following response...

554 vrz-ibgw-6003a.ext.cloudfilter.net cmsmtp <my external IP address> blocked AUP#DNS

The Windows event log shows:

Message delivery to the host '35.167.120.54' failed while delivering to the remote domain 'vtext.com' for the following reason: An SMTP protocol error occurred.

Who do I need to contact to get technical support on this.  I think that my SMTP relay is on a blacklist based on the 'blocked' message above.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

https://community.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Messages/Emails-not-arriving-to-VZWPIX/td-p/1214235

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes