VZ Messages PIN:xxxxxx from900080004102
Seanlrpv

I have been receiving this message every 15 minutes for the past 36 hours. What is the purpose of this message and how do I get it to stop?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VZ Messages PIN:xxxxxx from900080004102
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the concern with getting multiple messages in a day. We are aware of this issue and we are working towards getting it resolved as soon as possible. In the meantime, we do recommend checking to ensure your application is up to date. We appreciate your patience.

YeseniaV_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you updated to the newest version of the Verizon Messages+ application?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JHellman13

I myself have been receiving these text. Why is the question I have?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the concern with getting multiple messages in a day. We are aware of this issue and we are working towards getting it resolved as soon as possible. In the meantime, we do recommend checking to ensure your application is up to date. We appreciate your patience.

YeseniaV_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
BRIXEN_IVY
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem. They started at 9:15 pm yesterday and I'm still getting them almost 7 hours later. Seems like someone is trying to get into my account, and that I'm not the only one...

ToniaWilliams

TO FIX: I had this issue (VZ Messages PIN ????) but so far it appears that I was able to fix it by making another text message application the default (other than Verizon Message+).  Waited for a while to see if the text messages stopped (which it did).  Day later I reverted the default message app back to Verizon Message+ and so far, still no PIN text.

DETAILS: A little more details of the issue and fix, there is a setting called "Integrated Messaging Features" in Message+.  Once you tap on the "Activate Account" (to backup your messages for past 90 days to the network) then the issue (VZ Messages PIN ????) started back up again. Unfortunately, once you 'activate account' then you cannot deactivate it with the same process.  To reset your Message+, either update the app itself or make another text message app the default.  Wait for a while to verify that the VZ PIN messages have stopped and you can return to Message+ but DON'T activate it in the integrated messaging features again or you will start to see the VZ PIN messages return.

I've also read, and was going to try next if switching the default message app didn't work, was to update the app in the app store (but I already had the latest app).  Another person did a full phone reset that stopped the PIN Text (but I don't want to go through resetting my phone) but I bet deleting the Message+ app and then re-installing it would have the same effect.

FINAL NOTE:  I also have my phone set to send my text messages to my email so the only other anomaly to the VZ Message issue is that I only got in my email and not actually as a text.  Since the header on my email lists my mobile number like all other forwarded text, then I knew it was an issue with my text messaging, not my email.  This also leads me to believe that this VZ Message PIN (issue) might be running in the background and most people do not actually see the VZ Message PIN until something toss in a monkey wrench by adding something in the mix like connecting multiple devices, changing devices, forwarding text (to my email in this case), or by turning on the Integrated Messaging Feature.

0 Likes