VZ Messages PIN
AUDWAG88

I've received 3 messages from 900080004102 that say "VZ Messages PIN:xxxxxx" with a different PIN number on each. The messages were 20 minutes apart. I haven't tried to access any Verizon product, etc.; was doing something different when the messages came through. Is this a hack in progress?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VZ Messages PIN
BOMPUS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Everybody, go update your Verizon Messages app on play store and see if this is fixed. Changes noted are continuous PIN generation and battery draining fixes.

View solution in original post

Weth
Legend

This will happen when someone is trying to connect a different device to read text messages. It could be someone trying to get access to read your text messages (they can't if they don't know the PIN), or more likely, someone is mistyping a phone number trying to get access to text messages and wondering why the text message never comes.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your account security is our top priority, AUDWAG88. I’d be happy to help you today and investigate these messages even further for you.

I did send you a private message to go over a few account details and get to the bottom of where these messages are coming from. We look forward to working with you.

SteveR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JESIRI76

I'm also having this issue. I've received 4 different messages with PIN numbers that I haven't requested.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

This has been reported off and on following a Verizon Messages app update (and there have been several over the past 2 months).  I have updated each time, and did not receive these texts, but others have reported receiving them, multiple times, at evenly spaced intervals.  Why?  I have no clue.  The update may reset something and the text is sent as the app tries to reconnect?? I'm guessing....

0 Likes
DataPointDental

Dear Verizon / Technical Support

I've been receiving many messages requesting for my account pin number- one after another.

Can someone please advise me exactly what is happening to my phone and account???

verizon-issues.jpg

0 Likes
LEDHEAD6879

How do I post a question?  All I can find is  reply. Please help I have the same issue.

I've received 10 messages starting at 1:24 am. Had to turn my ringer on silent so I can sleep, but I'm still getting them (got another while writing this).  Messages are coming from the same number the op posted above.

0 Likes
Nastxe

I actually got this last month 2/2 with the exact same issue 3 messages from 900080004102 that say "VZ Message PIN:xxxxxx" exactly 20 mins apart.  When I called customer service they told me that they can see all messages that Verizon sent out to me but these messages weren't showing on their end.  And sent me to the fraud department only for them to send me back to customer support and that looped.  Now I got 3 messages again again and they're exactly 15 minutes apart.  I considered that a 3rd party site could be texting to provide a pin but it says "VZ" and Verizon doesn't seem to have a way to figure out what or who the number 900080004102 is.

0 Likes
BOMPUS
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been getting this for the past couple of days. Chatting with Verizon Support and they said they made "the change for you", whatever that means. No further details. I'll hope it stops and they didn't stupidly just block their own number.

0 Likes
GAEBRIL
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've received 14 such messages in the last two days.  I am becoming annoyed.