Re: VZ Messages PIN
chsu430

i need help too where i keep getting Messages from VZ temporary pin even after i disabled it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LEDHEAD6879, we understand your concern. These messages contain a PIN number that is sent to make changes to your account or to get access to certain parts of your online account. We do recommend checking your online passwords and your main account to make sure your Account PIN has not been changed. These messages could be sent by mistake, but we want to make sure all precautions are taken. Are you still receiving these messages? If so, please meet us on Twitter by following and sending a DM to @VZWSupport or by sending a Private Message via Facebook at Facebook.com/Verizon.

JavierMD_VZW  Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is definitely odd. May we ask if this has ever occurred before? Have you noticed any changes to your account? KleoL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
alanranderson8

Hello,

Thanks for responding but why doesn't anyone at Verizon know this is happening? It's blowing up on the internet. Verizon is doing nothing but having Verizon Reps. ask the same questions over and over. Let me tell the problem again for the fourth time:

On March 11th I started receiving texts from 900080004102 (apparently a fake VZ number). I now have over 200 messages stating the same thing:

"VZ Messages PIN:

0 Likes
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

I understand how receiving a ton of unwanted messages can be a bit frustrating and we do apologize for this experience. Our team is aware of the issue and is currently working on getting this issue resolved.

We appreciate your patience. 

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WE are here to help. Have you gone through any troubleshooting?

LauraL_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
BOMPUS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Everybody, go update your Verizon Messages app on play store and see if this is fixed. Changes noted are continuous PIN generation and battery draining fixes.

greenfield11

I have the same problem for a week now.  All these messages, about 100 a day, were forwarded to my email inbox.  I went to the Play Store, couldn't find any Verizon Message Apps. 

0 Likes
sgtjeep2002

I ended up doing a factory reset, which of course deleted everything I had on my phone, but NO MORE PIN MESSAGES! Heck of way to have to deal with this, but I've been on the phone numerous times with support and they were clueless.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Greenfield11, we know that it can be less that great getting that many texts from the system. When you went to the Play Store, you will want to search for Messages+, but Verizon messages should come up in the search. What is your device's make and model? Are you still receiving the texts? What email service and application do you use? We can remove the option for the messages to be synced/forwarded.

LaSindaT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes