VZ Messages
ortizl417
Enthusiast - Level 1

Do  I have to have either my wifi or data on to receive vz messages?

Labels (1)
Re: VZ Messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello ortizl417. That's a great question. The VZ Messages is a great feature and does require a data or Wi-Fi connection in order to send/receive appropriately. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

KristieQ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

CHADBASCUE

After the update we are having the same issues on our phones. Why are we required to have a connection just for text messages? We did not have that issue before the update. Is it your companies way of getting customers to use more data? Not very good in the customer service department. Please tell me you are going to change this feature on Verizon message.

0 Likes
josephe_vzw
Verizon Employee

That is certainly concerning to hear that you’re having issues sending text messages since the update, CHADBASCUE. There was some recent changes with Verizon Messages, and I just attempted to send a text message with my data & WiFi turned off and it went through successfully.  What happens when you try to send a text message with both turned off? Does this happen with all text messages you send? There has been a number of updates over the last few days for Messages+. Can you make sure you have the most recent version. You can check in the Play Store > Upper Left Menu > My Apps & Games.

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes