VZ message plus
Jnk24219

I keep getting this message saying to open for pin and it's isn't me or my wife. Is this spam or a hacker?

0 Likes
Re: VZ message plus
jav6
Champion - Level 3

If you suspect a spam or phishing text message, you can forward it to 7726 (SPAM) so the SPAM/ABUSE Team can be aware and look at it, as described in https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/block-unblock-services-faqs/

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Re: VZ message plus
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jnk24219, it's always good to err on the side of caution when it comes to messages received. While we will send a Secure PIN verification code (via either text or email) as a method of secondary verification (when you're unable to login to My Verizon, need to complete an address change or add an Account Manager in My Verizon or you've forgotten your PIN when reaching out to Customer Service/Technical Support via phone, chat or Social Media), that Secure PIN will never be initiated without contact from you or one of the Account Managers from the account. We will never request the original PIN from you via those contact methods or send a text message asking you to follow a link and input your PIN details. Accordingly, as jav6 has advised, you can forward the message receive to 7726 to report it as possible SPAM/Phishing since you indicated neither you or your wife have reached out to us. 

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes