VZM Desktop M+ version 3.0.1
NOMADPLAYER
Enthusiast - Level 3

VZM Desktop M+ version 3.0.1   Just installed this version after receiving a notification that the version I was using was old and would stop working soon. Now I'm not getting any messages in the desktop app. I see them on my iPhone and iPad, but not on my desktop. My number is in there and verified, so I'm confused as to what is wrong. Now, I'm not in love with this new "recent contacts" box which looks more like ALL my contacts and it does take up a lot of space on desktop , but I'll live. . Also it's not loading at sign on and I cannot find a setting to enable it. If any one can help with either of these issues, I'd be grateful. Thanks in advance for any help!

Joe L.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VZM Desktop M+ version 3.0.1
NOMADPLAYER
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry Roger, tried to start this thread twice as I timed out the first time. Stated in previous try, Win10 PRO. I taking about VZM Desktop M+ version 3.0.1. 

UPDATE:

After going into menu and updating profile I started receiving messages. Got a UPS notification. SO that's working. Now I still don't see where I can set it to load at login. I can stick a link in the startup folder, but the older version had a more elegant way thru a setting. Just thought I'd ask.

Joe L.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us today. We would be happy to help in any way we can. To make sure that we are on the same page, are you referring to our Message+ service? What type of computer do you use?~Roger

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are your messages received on the iPhone and iPad actual SMS or MMS messages instead iMessages? I'm pretty sure the Verizon Messages+ application for your computer won't receive any messages sent as iMessages. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

NOMADPLAYER
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry Roger, tried to start this thread twice as I timed out the first time. Stated in previous try, Win10 PRO. I taking about VZM Desktop M+ version 3.0.1. 

UPDATE:

After going into menu and updating profile I started receiving messages. Got a UPS notification. SO that's working. Now I still don't see where I can set it to load at login. I can stick a link in the startup folder, but the older version had a more elegant way thru a setting. Just thought I'd ask.

Joe L.

0 Likes
NOMADPLAYER
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the response. I agree about the iMessages not being seen by Verizon. See above response as to present situation.

Joe L.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Nice to see an update to the Win10 Desktop M+ app.  It still is not matching the numbers to my contacts, showing all messages from numbers only.  Also, on my Android phone, M+ shows messages going back  to 4/19/20 that I haven't deleted but on the Win10 M+, it only goes back to 9/1/21 messages.  On the M+ website access, messages shown go back to 8/21/21 and contacts are shown instead of numbers only.  Obviously, Win10 M+ and the M+ Web access are handling contacts and the M+ message database differently.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
Rabbit406
Enthusiast - Level 2

JAV6, I too am having the same problem on my Win10 Desktop where the majority of phone numbers are not being matched to my contacts.  Before I updated to ver 3.01, all of my numbers were displayed properly matched with my contacts.

... So I am just another VZW customer...trying to get their product to work properly...

gkursar
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same exact problem.  Installed VZM Desktop M+ version 3.0.1 on my Windows 10 desktop, and all of the messages just show phone numbers instead of contact names the way they did in the older version of Message+.

kk92009
Enthusiast - Level 1

I started with 3.0.1 and it's all numbers, no matching, no manual contacts.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kk92009, being able to use Verizon Message+ without any issues is a must. We will be delighted to assist you. On what device are you having issues with Message+? -Jacob

0 Likes