VZM app not working - not receiving text messages
username98

I have a Droid Turbo 2 and recently the VZM (message+ app) is not working properly. 

1. I am not receiving some text messages at all, although people are receiving my messages. (both individual and group texts)

2. Some of my incoming text messages don't appear for hours or sometimes a day later.

3. I receive no notifications that I have a new text message.

I've tried uninstalling/updating/turning phone on and off - but nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions or alternate apps to use? It's getting frustrating that texting isn't working properly.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VZM app not working - not receiving text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi username98,

We want you to be able to send and receive all of your messages. Let's see if we can find out what's going on. I will start by finding out when this began? Is it happening only with certain contacts? Are you receiving all other notifications? Please elaborate with the answers to these questions, as well as any other patterns you may notice. 

Thanks so much, 

Christina_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
username98

I'm not certain if it is happening with all contacts or not, because I don't know what text message I am missing.

I am receiving no notifications and no text messages, although others can receive my messages.

ETA:  I also found out I was getting notifications or all of my voicemails on time either.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you, for clarifying this information with us. Though we never want to hear you're experiencing this trouble, it's vital we review this further and look into the options we have to get this fixed. To start, let's gather more details pertaining to your situation. How long has this been happening for? Have you performed a power cycle on your device since you've had this happen? If so, the next step would be to perform a Network Reset. This can be done by completing the following steps : From your Home Screen navigate to < Apps < Settings < More (Wireless & networks section). 2. Tap the Network Settings Reset. 3. Review the info, then tap RESET SETTINGS. If prompted, enter the current PIN, password, or pattern. After you've completed this, hit Confirm. Now, your device will power cycle. Once the power cycle has completed, we'll try to send these messages out again. Let us know when you've completed this step, and we'll be right here waiting to review the results with you, and provide further assistance if needed. 

0 Likes