VZM+ v. 6.4.4 Photo editor (Kanvas) is terrible
makgyver
Enthusiast - Level 1

The 6.4.4 update to VZ Messenger+ app has a terrible photo editor (Kanvas) compared to the old version - how do I get the prior version back? 

One of the great advantages to VZM+ was a quick and fairly powerful photo editor - it's now gone, in it's place is a pretty lame "Kanvas" photo editor...  much less capable than the prior one.  And why won't it attach like before, to be scheduled for a later send?  The only way to send a photo now is real-time instead of delayed - this is really a poor "update".

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VZM+ v. 6.4.4 Photo editor (Kanvas) is terrible
KISSATEK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi CAP417, on an android

if you go to settings and then applications you will see application Manger at the top. Open that and scroll down to message+, open that and then look for the "more" at rhe top. You will see a remove update button. After choosing that you should see a verification asking  if you intend to go back to the factory install. Once done you should now be able to turn off updating by going to the play store. Look for the three horizontal lines at the top in the search box. Click that and choose my apps. Look for massages+, choose it and on the apps page you will see three dots on the upper right. Touch the the dots and a box with auto update and a check should appear. Touch that check to make it  disappear. You now will not update.

I myself did this plus had to switch to the Samsung messaging app as I continued to have issues and in following others as they reported issues I realized if a contact had the update there may be a conflict if I did not. I dont know if that issue still exists and the samsung app is plain vanilla but uses the default picture editor as messages+ did once upon a time.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

WE_SELL_BOATS
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agreed, it is a 5 year step backwards. It's like it was designed for four year olds. At the very least give us an option, we aren't all social networking morons who only put smiley faces and captions on photos. Geez! I use it for work and I need to be able to brighten/clarify, even CROP photos.

Chad167
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree as well.  I send photos frequently for work and this forces everything to be childish and immature.  I am furious about this garbage!

Utopia2

Here is a workaround that was "good enough" for me. The trick is to choose your pic FIRST:

1-Go to your Gallery or pic FIRST

2-Can use the pen that came with Samsung to crop, write on pic, highlight, etc and all the functions you have with Gallery.

3-Look for the "share" icon. (Looks like a left pointing 3 dots arrow)

4-Select to share with Message+ app

5-Choose recipients like normal or simply choose the Message+ icon

6-It will take you to the Message+ area like it used to. You can view your image, recipients, type texts etc. Everything similar to not so distant past. Just like in the good old days.

0 Likes
CAP417
Enthusiast - Level 1

i did not realized KANVAS was put on my phone.  HATE IT... can anyone send some DUMBED DOWN directions to put back previous version, where you could CUSTOM CROP photos and attach them?  also, how do I stop ALL AUTOMATIC updates.  I had the option before, but since going on FIOS WIFI 5 months ago, my phone does this automatically, before I choose what i wanted to update.

KISSATEK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi CAP417, on an android

if you go to settings and then applications you will see application Manger at the top. Open that and scroll down to message+, open that and then look for the "more" at rhe top. You will see a remove update button. After choosing that you should see a verification asking  if you intend to go back to the factory install. Once done you should now be able to turn off updating by going to the play store. Look for the three horizontal lines at the top in the search box. Click that and choose my apps. Look for massages+, choose it and on the apps page you will see three dots on the upper right. Touch the the dots and a box with auto update and a check should appear. Touch that check to make it  disappear. You now will not update.

I myself did this plus had to switch to the Samsung messaging app as I continued to have issues and in following others as they reported issues I realized if a contact had the update there may be a conflict if I did not. I dont know if that issue still exists and the samsung app is plain vanilla but uses the default picture editor as messages+ did once upon a time.

Good luck.

WE_SELL_BOATS
Enthusiast - Level 1

A MILLION plus thank you's!!!

Removing the update worked perfectly and the original version of Messages+ is so much better than the update it's like comparing a Mercedes Benz with a rickshaw

KISSATEK
Enthusiast - Level 3

You are very welcome, happy messaging.

0 Likes
ELIFER42
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree, this new app is horrible!  I just called the 800 number and spoke with a rep.  I explained the issues and she was going to take it and this link to her manager for further directions.   I sure hope they can do something about it.  If not I'll be forced to delete this app and search for something that works better.

She said I could submit a complaint to the following address in writing:

Verizon Wireless

​ATTN: Correspondence Team

​PO Box 5029

​Wallingford, CT 06492

Heading over to Google store to see what they have for message apps!

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Jjohnson5555
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am extremely dismayed by the photo editing program that comes with the new update. Need to send photos for work and the app is much too simplified for my needs. Between the high fees I'm being charged monthly and this fiasco, even though I've had Verizon for 20 years, I am considering switching to a different provider.