VZW.com Suddenly not Using Two-Factor Authorization
gkski
Enthusiast - Level 3

This topic seems to have gone nowhere in the Accounts and Billing subforum so I will post here.

Further investigation has shown me that the Login link from the VZW.com homepage is;

https://secure.verizon.com/signin

But that link does not allow two-factor authorization.

On the other hand login links I have been provided in Emails from VZW do, in fact, direct one to two-factor authorization.

https://secure.verizon.com/vzauth/UI/Login

Is there a problem with the VZW.com homepage?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VZW.com Suddenly not Using Two-Factor Authorization
gkski
Enthusiast - Level 3

TFA is once again working, although there is nothing I did. Perhaps VZW made corrections to the HTML on the start page?

Sorry, but your Private Messages get blocked out by your bottom black navigation bar on both my MacBook Pro and Windows 11 laptop. That is why I asked that you use my EMail address on file.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, gkski. Thank you for reaching out to us with your concern. I know how important it is to ensure that you are able to  securely access your account information, and I am here to help. How long have you been encountering the issue with the issue with the log in on the site? ~Pamela

0 Likes
gkski
Enthusiast - Level 3

This started when I received my phone upgrade and activated my new iPhone 13 Mini on Monday, 12/12. It's as even though the phone is activated on your system and works fine, there is some setting on your system that has not been toggled on so that two-factor authentication recognizes the phone.

As my post above states, there are two different URLs, one the Login link from your home page, the other the Login link I get when VZW sends me Email. The former causes the problem, not proceeding with TFA. The latter goes directly to TFA correctly.

Both URLs are most likely close enough in construct to both start TFA, but there is something not checked off when my iPhone 13 Mini was activated this past Monday.

When I choose TFA from the login page, the error message I receive is, " We're unable to verify your phone. Please sign in using your password. "

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Just to make sure we are on the same page, the two-factor authetnicate is simply bypassed when you log in using the website from the phone? Are you noticing the same thing when using a computer and the website?

-Chris

0 Likes
gkski
Enthusiast - Level 3

Never any problem using the My VZW app from the iPhone 13 Mini. Just uses Face Recognition.

Problem is from the VZW.com website when using any Windows laptop or MacBook Pro and from multiple browsers after clicking the "Login" link. If, on the other hand, I click on the "Login" link from one of your EMails I have no problem. This is why I showed the difference in the URLs.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

When using the site from an alternative device, it is then not requesting the two-factor authentication?

-Chris

0 Likes
gkski
Enthusiast - Level 3

That’s correct. MacBook Pro or Win11 laptop, any browser.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gkski, please respond to the Private Note, so we can get some more information to better assist. Thank you. 

*Joshua

0 Likes
gkski
Enthusiast - Level 3

TFA is once again working, although there is nothing I did. Perhaps VZW made corrections to the HTML on the start page?

Sorry, but your Private Messages get blocked out by your bottom black navigation bar on both my MacBook Pro and Windows 11 laptop. That is why I asked that you use my EMail address on file.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, gkski! We understand how important is for you to get more details about this. To further assist you, I will be sending you PM, so we can check this out.

0 Likes