VZmessages creating a new string
shaunajh

I am using VZMessages on a Note 8.  There are certain people where i will text back and forth and then suddenly i have a new message string that says ME, John Doe (the person i was texting), but the only messages in that string are messages that i sent to the person.  The other string with just that person's name is still in my conversation view and i can click on it and send new messages.  I keep deleting the Me, John Doe because it frustrates me to see it sitting there, but why is it doing this and why is it only with certain people, but it will do it randomly with those people over and over?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VZmessages creating a new string
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

shaunajh, I know it's important to understand your text conversation threads and ensure the Messages + application is working as it should be. Let's work together to get the conversation view back to what you're used to. Does this happen when you are using the Chat feature in the Verizon Messages application? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/. How often do the new conversation threads appear? Can you think of anything that changed on your phone when this issue started (new software, application, contact updates)? 

TanishaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
shaunajh

It is just when i am looking at my inbox of text conversations on my phone.  The threads seem to appear randomly, but it is usually with the same contacts.  For example, i have a contact named Nick and it will almost always happen randomly with him.  There are about 2 other people that when i text back and forth with, it will suddenly create the separate conversation.  When i am looking at my conversations view, i see my message string with Nick, just called Nick, but then a few conversation strings down, there is a conversation with Nick, Me that i did not create.

2018-08-10_11-36-03.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how frustrating this can be and we want to get to the bottom of it for you. In order to do that can you please answer the remaining questions in the post above? Also, when you switch to the stock messaging application, are you having the same issue?

Nichole_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes