Vacationing In Canada
Lizzkins
I swear I have seen this somewhere before, but I can't find it, so sorry if I am asking a question with an obvious answer. I am going to Canada for a couple weeks (specifically Ontario, 1000 Islands area, about a mile from the US border... if that changes anything), and I was wondering if I can call/text/use mobile IM from there with no extra charge. I thought I saw that it didn't cost anything on a Verizon page, but now I can't find it! Help would be much appreciated :smileyhappy:
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Vacationing In Canada
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Mobile IM and SMS/MMS would all fall under messaging rates here. While in Canada there is no extra charge to text to US, Canada or Puerto Rico numbers. The message is deducted from any sort of package you're paying for.

Calls are different in Canada, as seen here, it's .69/minute for all calls made or received.

So you're going to want to rely on messaging a little bit more.

0 Likes
NJAnalyst
Enthusiast - Level 2
How much does it cost to send/receive email when in Canada using Mobile Email with Vcast Pack and an LG phone?
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
From what I can gather from the website here data roaming is $.02/KB so $20.48/MB. Pretty steep indeed.
0 Likes
Lizzkins
I thought Mobile IM just counted as text messaging. Thank you for being so specific about it! You just saved me a ton of money. :smileyhappy:
0 Likes