Verison Messages won't activate account on replacement phone
Jety_Lefr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just upgraded my moto e5 to a moto e7 plus.
While I was setting up my accounts and login profiles for various apps on my new phone, I needed to authorize one account with my phone number, however I was unable to receive the message with the SIM card in the new phone.

After moving the SIM card back to the old phone, I was able to receive the messages. At the same time, I saved my conversations so that I could port them to the new phone and the Verison Messages app thereupon.

After moving the SIM card back to the new phone once again, I found myself utterly unable to receive messages. I was unable to activate the account, and attempting to do so shown a brief attempt (with a message affirming that the account was being activated) before the process halted and threw me back to the conversations menu.

I am also unable to locate my saved conversation files to import.

Please advise.

0 Likes
Re: Verison Messages won't activate account on replacement phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning, Jety_Lefr. Congratulations on your new phone and thanks for the great details. A new SIM card assigned specifically to your new phone is required for the new phone to work correctly. 

We can mail you one or you can pick one up at a Verizon Wireless store. How would you like to proceed?

-Antonio

ps. Please visit this link (https://www.verizonwireless.com/stores) and enter your ZIP code to find a corporate Verizon Wireless store near you. Corporate stores are identified as “Verizon Company Store”.

0 Likes
Jety_Lefr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thankyou for the quick response and information. I have a follow up question.

When I receive a new SIM card specifically for my new phone, how will I be able to transfer my conversations history from the old SIM card? I notice a spot for two SIM cards (of different sizes) in the moto e7.

Will it only be possible when both SIM card slots are filled so that they can communicate with each other? If so, is this the reason the saved conversation files can't be viewed in on the new phone with only the older invalid SIM card?

0 Likes
Jety_Lefr
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
Jety_Lefr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I see from the answers posted to other similar questions concerning SIM cards, that it should not be necessary to require a new SIM card since both the moto e5 play and the moto e7 plus use a Nano-SIM.

I also particularly desire to retain my phone number with the new device.

This all said, the SIM card does not seem to work, as it does not permit me to access the internet using mobile data... I've been trying to do a lot of research on the subject to understand it, but there seems to be only a lot of conflicting and incomplete information available.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Jety_Lefr! I am here and happy to help ensure you are able to transfer your content between devices.
SIM Cards do not store information/content from your device - the SIM Card connects your device to your cellular plan. You can back up your information to an external cloud source, or a SD/memory Card! 

*Cheyenne

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jety_Lefr, we can get a new SIM card out to you via U.S. Mail within 5-7 days  or you can stop in a corporate store:  www.verizon.com/stores   to pick one up today.  Which works best for you ? 

-Nicci

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jety_lefr, overall, what are you looking for us to do today? You asked for a SIM card and then stated you didn't want it anymore so just wanted to touch base on what you are looking for us to solve for today? 

-Nicci

0 Likes