Verizon Message App & Integrated Messaging
scubadude561
Enthusiast - Level 2

Summary of problem: Have 2 phone lines on account. Both phones have their own separate account login user ID and password. Have 2 separate wireless iPads.

Several weeks ago I installed the Verizon Message application on my iPad and everything worked great. I am the account holder. I was so happy to find this application. I then tried to install the application on my wife's iPad and encountered problems. Downloaded the app to iPad, put in second phone line number, belonging to wife who is designated Account Manager, requesting text message authentication. Received texted code and entered in the app. Told app to authenticate and log in. App sends authentication then returns an error. 1st Error message says "Error OK" then second message comes up saying "Disconnected - This device has been disconnected from the Integrated Messaging service. D0 you wish to browse your messages offline or erase all messages from the device and reconnect?
Choices: Browse Offline? Erase & Disconnect? Neither choice gives any result.

Numerous requests both through voice and text ended up with much trouble shooting and finally a first trouble ticket being initiated. This trouble ticket # unknown was closed with no trouble found. Again after numerous texts, chats, and voice contact, another trouble ticket #removed was issued on 12/21/13.This ticket generated several texts with tech's trying to resolve problem and as far as I know the ticket is still open pending resolution. I have been out of town and not heard anything further regarding the status of this ticket. The problem still exists. Have not been able to contact Verizon through chat or voice as they are always busy lately.

Additionally, the second phone line is unable to log into the Integrated Messaging web app in My Verizon using its own user ID and PW. I also downloaded the mobile version of this application to the second phone and experienced the same error messages.

Would like to hear from others who have this problem and any input they may have regarding the issue. I realize that the holidays sidetracked a lot of people, but this is really getting old. Will continue to try to contact tech support.

>>Edited to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
38 Replies
cycology

I'm running into a somewhat similar issue. After downloading the Verizon Message App to my iPad 3 and requesting the security code, I can enter the code on my iPad, but there is no button to submit or continue. I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling but hit the same roadblock.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cycology,

Let's get this resolved and get you access to Verizon Messages. Since tablets have the messaging option blocked by default, when setting up Verizon Messages on the tablet, enter the primary phone's number and not the tablets. The PIN will go to the phone and you will type it there.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
cycology

Thanks, I've already received a PIN on my phone and have the app on my iPad

(it's WiFi only). In the VZ Messages app on the iPad, I can accept the

terms and conditions, set the nickname for my iPad and enter the PIN. Once

I enter the PIN though, there's no way for me to move forward. No Submit or

OK button. I enter the PIN and hit return on the keyboard, but that only

hides the keyboard. At the top of that dialog window I have a Back button

and a "Send me a text" button, but it's grayed out.

All my best,

-c

--

Chris Hood

478.954.0042 | c

www.chrislhood.com

On Sun, Jun 15, 2014 at 12:19 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Cycology,

Let's get your messaging application started! Thanks for the hard work so far in getting this application installed. Follow the instructions below to setup the application on your tablet.

• Subscribe to Integrated Messaging on the web by signing in to My Verizon http://bit.ly/xB4iTc  from the My Messaging page and clicking "Go to Web App."
  • Download the app from the app store on your tablet or click here for PC Desktops.
  • Read and accept the Terms & Conditions.
  • Choose a nickname for the tablet.
  • Enter your phone number and tap Send me a text.
  • You’ll receive a text message on your phone with a security code. Enter on the tablet to add the tablet to your account.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/faqs/FeaturesandOptionalServices/verizon-messages.html

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
cycology

Thanks for the instructions, but this still doesn't solve my issue.

I can log into the web messaging. That works fine. I've downloaded the app

on my iPad, accepted the ToS, given a nickname to my iPad, had a PIN sent

to my phone and entered the PIN on my iPad. Nothing happens after that...

There's no submit button on the app and entering the PIN and pressing

Return on the iPad's keyboard doesn't do anything.

The Send me a text link is also grayed out now, so I can't have another PIN

sent.

All my best,

-c

--

Chris

(Removed)

Private information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the clarification, cycology. You mentioned you have an iPad 3. Is this an iPad with Retina display? If this is a device not compatible with our 4G LTE service it is not compatible with Verizon Messages. While you do not need 4G to use the service it does have to be the specific model iPad to use the app.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
cycology

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that requirement. My iPad is wifi only, thanks

again for the clarification.

All my best,

-c

--

Chris Hood

(Removed)

Private info removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
dds22

I am not receiving the confirmation text to activate the iphone messaging app. Is there a way to text to the short code to initiate the verification?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to be able to enjoy all those important messages dds22. What model iPhone is this? What messaging app are you referring to specifically? Here is a link with detailed information for Verizon Messages. http://vz.to/1k3gBxd

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
scubadude561
Enthusiast - Level 2

After checking the problem again today, it appears to be resolved. Thanks to whoever figured it out and fixed it. Wife can now access integrated messaging through web and through iPad wifi connection. When she is happy, I am happy Smiley Happy

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi scubadude561,

I am so sorry to hear about all the trouble you've been running into with getting the Verizon Message App and Integrated Messaging to work correctly on your wife's iPad. This is such a convenient feature and we absolutely want you to take advantage of it! I would love to take a look at your account and the ticket filed to see what more can be done to resolve this for you.

I have sent you a follow request. Can you please accept that? You can then open my profile (RuthW_VZW) and choose to follow me back. Once you do, you can send me a direct message. This will be a more secure way to discuss any account or ticket details.

I look forward to hearing from you soon so we can find a quick solution to your unique situation!

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cosmera
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having an issue wtih the same app. I just downloaded it and it is asking me to verify my number and a text will be sent.  I typed my number and it gives me an Error message that says; "Sorry, Integrated Messaging Service is currently abailable only to consumer mobile numbers."

what does this mean? i will not send the message to verify

pchin001

Hi,

I am also having a similar issue. After entering the security code I received from the text on my mobile phone and pushing the "Log In" button, I get a pop-up saying "Error"

I have an iPad with iOS 7.0.6photo_withoutphoneno.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, that's no good! Are you still receiving this error? Try going thru the Forgot Password process again to send a new temporary password. Make sure you're entering the code inside the text, not the number it's from. Let me know if you're getting the same error.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes

Hey I am actually having the same problem. I had it on my iPad but then it stop working now ever time I try to reconnect it gives me the "Error Ok" message could you help me as well?  Crystal

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Deepdimple86,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear that you are also having this issue. We definitely want you set back up. Do you also have a ticket open regarding the problem? Have you tried to remove the application and then readd it and set it up again? Keep us updated so we can make sure this is resolved.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW

0 Likes
Jurate
Enthusiast - Level 1

my integrated messages are saying they are offline. How do i get back to 'online'

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jurate,

Being able to send and receive messages is definitely important and we want to make sure they are working for you with no problems. How long have you been having issues with the intergrated messages? What kind of phone do you have? Are you having any problems with your regular text and picture mail? We would need a bit more information to help with fixing this issue for you. We are here to help.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Babylon5

I am having a similar issue as well.  I had the Message+ app installed on my desktop, Android and iPad along with the web app.  They work great together.  I then tried to install the app on my wife's iPad, desktop and the browser-based web app, it went well with the exception of not being able to receive incoming text.  The phone received the text but the text was not received by any of her iPad, desktop nor the web app.  Please help.  Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having this issue as well Babylon5! Have the other devices, iPad, desktop, or web app ever received incoming messages? Are all devices logged in at the same time? There's a little "refresh" icon above the messages. It looks like a half circle with an arrow, in red. Please try refreshing to see if messages come in. Otherwise, select the actual message so it's on the page, (you can see conversation), to see if you see the incoming messages. Please keep us posted.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes