Verizon Message App for Macbook will not Sync Messages
Mahicks

Hello,

Long time VZW customer and have been using Message+ on my phone and Macbook Pro since they were available.  Currently using Samsung Galaxy S6 for a phone and have been using the Message+ app for almost a year with very little problems (The Macbook app may miss a message or two every 20 or 30 messages that are sent to or from my phone(s).)

Since upgrading to the new Message+ 2.0.1 on my Macbook I now NEVER receive messages in the app unless I do a full restart on my Macbook Pro.  Then it works for a few messages and then quits receiving them.  However, I NEVER lose the ability to SEND messages from the app and they always come thru to the receiving party faster than if I text them from my phone. 

I have tried to uninstall the app and reinstall to no avail.  Is anyone else having this issue or have a workaround for it? 

Just for troubleshooting purposes I have:

1. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app
  2. Disconnected my phone from the app and reinstalled.
  3. Rebooted Mac
  4. Rebooted phone
  5. My internet connection is flawless as is my network but I have rebooted my modem, switches and router numerous times. 
  6. I have used a different internet connection on my Mac and have the same issue above.
  7. My Mac is a Macbook Pro 2015 running the latest vs. of El Capitan with all updates installed.
  8. Everything else in my house and on the network work flawlessly and that says a lot.  I have dozens of devices that re IOT, network, home automation, home security, etc. running on my network and have zero issues with anything.

I

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Message App for Macbook will not Sync Messages
Not applicable

HI Mahicks

I am sorry to hear that you are having troubles with the MAC app.

I will share your post with the dev team and get back to you once I hear back. Give me a couple of days.

Thanks,

ALIEM

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to get this fixed! Is everything on your device up to date as far as software?
KleoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Mahicks

Yes.  Everything is up to date on the phone and on the Macbook Pro.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate that you have reached out to us here. After reviewing all of the information you provided, it sounds as though the issue is with your Macbook. Have you contacted Apple regarding the situation?

DeannaL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes