Verizon Message App.
YarnWench

On March 8th, the App started refusing to allow me to text my spouse, who is on the same plan, same model phone as I am.

He could still text me, and I can text him from any other messaging app.

While trying to figure out if maybe I was "blocked" because we had too large of a conversation, I saved a backup to my device, and deleted the entire conversation.

So, I can sort of open the conversation on my computer, but it's all in code, and I can't follow it.

I tried to restore the conversation in the app, and the app keeps cancelling the restore with no explanation.

Oh, and I still can't message my spouse in the app, so I have to use a different app to communicate with him.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Message App.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

YarnWench, we want you to be able to send your messages with your preferred application. I have a few clarifying questions so that we can properly address this problem for you.

Are you successfully receiving messages from your husband in the Verizon Messages app? Are you having the same problem with any other users within the application? Are calls, data or text messages being affected at all? And what model phones are the two of you using?

Colin H_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
YarnWench

He can send me messages, he uses a different App, but they appear in

Messages. There are no other users that I am having this issue with. There

are no other media types that are being affected by this issue. We are both

using Samsung Galaxy Models SM-G900V.

The bigger problem here is that I can't restore the old messages, or, you

know, view them on any other device either.

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 2:14 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know I would be equally concerned as well YarnWench. I will do all I can to help with your messages. What messaging application is your husband using? How are you trying to restore the old messages? Can you please explain step by step? I want to make sure I can help you. 

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Watsonkem

Find message recover

0 Likes