Verizon Message App
scubadude561
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have 2 iPhone lines on same account using unlimited plan. Recently found the relatively new messaging app and installed it on my wi-fi tablet. Was overjoyed that it performed as advertized and I could text to both apple and other phones at the same time through wi-fi. Problem started when I tried to install the app on my wife's 4G ipad and could not get past authentication. Initially tried all the tricks suggested by level 1 support to no avail. Finally had a system trouble ticket initiated. Assume someone in the tier 2 support was able to get something going because next day it sort of worked. But I had to uninstall to see I could get full functionality. Big mistake. Several more calls to support are not yielding any results, just pass the buck because there is not an established script to deal with application problems. Anyone else having trouble with more than one wi-fi tablet trying to use this application?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Message App
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello to you scubadude561!

I absolutely understand how awesome it is to have your text messaging available across multiple devices! I'm so sorry for the difficulties you're experiencing with your wife's iPad.

To ensure we're on the same page I need a little more information. What specific messaging application are you referring to? Is it the Verizon Messages application: http://vz.to/1eIJH0u What happens exactly when you attempt to install the application? Do you get a specific error message?

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
scubadude561
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon message app. Have tried everything and several tech support calls. Just went back to basics and started to read the app description again. I do not remember seeing this the first time, but the description now relates to account primary number. When I put in primary number (mine), app works but obviously that is not my goal as wife is designated as account manger and I want the app installed under her number so messaging is private to both lines on the associated tablets for each number. If that is in fact the case, only primary account number can use this Verizon Message app, seems rather silly to have shared account plans, multiple lines etc. Rather disappointed with Verizon at the moment. Great app, but why limit it to one number if customer is paying for additional lines?

0 Likes
scubadude561
Enthusiast - Level 2

I might add that as each line pays the exact same fee, I would like to think that each line was treated exactly the same. Looks like the only current solution is to cancel wife's line and enroll her with another carrier. Not too smart from a marketing stand point, in my humble opinion,

0 Likes
scubadude561
Enthusiast - Level 2

To answer Melissa's question more specifically:

a. the app is Verizon Message

b. After downloading the app and accepting the terms of service the user requests a computer generated code be texted to the users phone and then it is too be entered into the app and the app requests authorization. In this case an error message pops up saying error ok, then everything stops.

I found another thread on this problem and registered wife's number as account manager with separate user id and password. I can login too that account and back up data but still unable to authenticate into the system through the app.

Smiley Sad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Scubadude561, we absolutely want you to benefit from our free messaging app. We'd hate to hinder and cause you to cancel your wife's line. Are you using two separate tablets for the messaging application or trying to sync two sets of numbers and information on 1 tablet? If you guys are sharing 1 tablet, then you are correct that multiple numbers won't be able to sync to the device. You would have to remove the tablet from the list of synced devices for your primary number and then add the tablet to the synced devices for your wife's phone line. If you have two separate tablet's and devices, then you are able to sync each number to their respective devices for up to 5 devices. Keep us posted, we appreciate you!

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
scubadude561
Enthusiast - Level 2

Two separate lines and two separate tablets. Account holder me can log on to both web app and app installed on tablet. Account manager (wife) cannot log into web app or installed app on tablet. Have spent numerous hours with tier 1 support people who claim others have the same problem, support has had to escalate the problem to tier 2 but nobody has come up with an answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Subadude561, I would like to assist you further and review what tier 2 has already accomplished for you. I have followed you. If you could please approve it, and then send me a Direct Message, I'm confident we can get to the bottom of this!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

0 Likes