Verizon Message+ Desktop PC
dstrouse
Enthusiast - Level 1

I found a workaround for getting the Verizon Message+ app installed on my Windows 10 PC. I went to one of my computers on the my network  that has a working copy of the app. I right clicked on the Verizon Message app>more>share.. It opens the app in the Microsoft Store with a share screen, dismiss the screen and next to the launch click the ... then install on my devices. Pick the device you are wanting the app on and it will send to the downloads in the Microsoft Store app on that computer. 

Hope this helps those looking for a way to sideload it.

Re: Verizon Message+ Desktop PC
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@dstrouse wrote:

I found a workaround for getting the Verizon Message+ app installed on my Windows 10 PC. I went to one of my computers on the my network  that has a working copy of the app. I right clicked on the Verizon Message app>more>share.. It opens the app in the Microsoft Store with a share screen, dismiss the screen and next to the launch click the ... then install on my devices. Pick the device you are wanting the app on and it will send to the downloads in the Microsoft Store app on that computer. 

Hope this helps those looking for a way to sideload it.

I'm trying to replicate what you've done using my Windows 10 desktop and can't.  You said you 'right clicked on the Verizon Message app>more>share.. ' but I cannot find where this works. What version do you have and what are you right-clicking on?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Mickeyess
Enthusiast - Level 2

dstrouse: I found that your solution worked very well, albeit your instructions were not well articulated and somewhat difficult to follow. After thrashing around for a while, I succeeded.

• Start this process on a system where Verizon Messenger+ is already installed. I have 4 such systems which are networked so this was easy.
  • Select the Start button using the left mouse button.
  • Scroll down the list of applications until you find the icon for Verizon Messenger+.
  • Right click the Verizon Messenger+ icon.
  • Select More.
  • Select Share from the pop-up menu.
  • This will open the Microsoft Store and a window labeled Share will pop-up. Select the escape key to close the Share pop-up.
  • The Microsoft Store now displays Verizon Messages with 3 dots (…) in the upper right corner of the screen.
  • Select the 3 dots (…)
  • Select Install on My Devices
  • Select the device you want to install Verizon Messenger+ on.
  • Go to your device and launch Verizon Messenger+. Your system will now synch with your other Verizon Messenger+ devices.

I want to thank dstrouse for finding this solution and give Verizon the raspberries for another customer service mess up.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for this update and it is nice to hear your concerns with Verizon Message+ was resolved, Mickeyee. Do you need any further assistance? Here's a link to our support page that can come in handy in the future https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/ 

EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes
eduarte11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think it got harder to install now. I ended up using an app backup program to pack the app and turn it into a install file.  Click here to download the App install files and the install instructions. Hope this helps.  

0 Likes