Verizon Message + and RCS
MJBoater
Enthusiast - Level 2

I saw this article....

Verizon also confirmed that customers currently or still using Verizon’s Message+ app will also get full access to RCS capabilities with Google Messages by the end of the year, including embedded high-res pictures and videos, real-time conversation notifications, animated GIFs and more.

Has Verizon Message+ implemented RCS?  Can we now send high resolution videos to iPhone users? Or do the videos still look low resolution?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Message + and RCS
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important the higher quality videos are. Per the article, all Verizon Android devices, enabling consumers to enjoy rich messaging features, such as sending and receiving higher-quality photos and videos, chatting over Wi-Fi or data, knowing when your message is read, enjoying more dynamic and engaging group chats, and securely chatting with other Messages users in available one-on-one conversations with end-to-end encryption.

https://www.verizon.com/about/news/verizon-google-messaging-services-android

I hope this helps.  -Vanessa

0 Likes
MJBoater
Enthusiast - Level 2

The article says it will be available by the end of the year.  The article was in 2021.  So can you confirm that Verizon Message + app has RCS functionality and we can now send videos to iPhone users in high resolution?

Does the iPhone user have to be using Message+ as well in order to get high resolution videos? What if they are using a different text client/software? (like iMessage)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great questions, MJBoater. 

Verizon Message+ does support RCS. However, it would be from Message+ to Message+. Not a separate Messaging app, like iMessage. 

Here is another link with some information: https://www.verizon.com/support/advanced-messaging-faqs/

-Vanessa

0 Likes
MJBoater
Enthusiast - Level 2

So when Message+ asks to send a link of the video because I state I want to send it in High Resolution, someone on the other end (iPhone end) when tehy click on the link, its not high resolution?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MJBoater, we thank you for reaching out. If you have the availability to send a High Resolution Video, it will be sent in that format. However, whoever is receiving the video will also need to have High Resolution enabled, as this feature is not available with all plans. 

*Joshua

0 Likes