Verizon Message+ calling not working on ZenPad 8s
zltippett

I recently upgraded to a new phone that supports WiFi calling so I was hoping to get this feature on my tablet using the Message+ application.  After installing the Message+ app, I get the notification about calling being supported.  I followed the steps to add an address for e911, then the calling feature option is available on the menu.  Whenever I move the slider from off to on, the menu closes.  Whenever I open the menu again, the setting is back to off.  I never see the little phone icon on the person I'm texting with.  I've updated the app to the latest version on all of my devices.  I have this installed on my phone, tablet and two laptops.

Is there anything I can do to get this working on my tablet?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Message+ calling not working on ZenPad 8s
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us in this community forum. We always want you to have full use of the best features on our applications. The ZenPad 8s is not a Verizon Device and there is always a chance the application is not fully compatible with your device. We can still try troubleshooting to fix this issue. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application? Is the ZenPad tablet on the most recent software available? Is the tablet connected to Wi-Fi or using its own service?

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
zltippett

Hello, thanks for replying.  The model I am using is the Asus Zenpad S 8 Z580C.  The device has been updated to the latest version of Android 6.0.1 from December 1, 2016.  The Message+ application is on 6.4.39 as of today.  I have tried resetting the device to factory defaults, uninstalling and re-installing the application.  The device is connected to my home Wi-Fi and that is working correctly.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

zltippett-

I appreciate those additional details, it helps provide clarity. We want to keep at this, but may need to take a closer look at your account. I sent you a private message to your community inbox. Please respond there so we can provide more personalized support.

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
EAVALEN

Issue: "Calling mode" does not work on my ASUS Zenpad S 8.0 Z580C Android tablet.

This is even more upsetting as Verizon Wireless now sells its own version of this ASUS tablet. 

This is a very popular tablet, will this function be fixed?

OTT SubscriberId: 9ea3424e10008c4dbefa352985

VersionName: 6.4.42

VersionCode: 30702

Build Number: 18

Build Date: Sat Jul 29 11:23:19 UTC 2017

Last Build Number: 0

Manufacturer: asus

Model: P01M

Product: WW_P01M

RAM: MemTotal:        1994584 kB

SDK Version: 23

OS Release: 6.0.1

OS Incremental Version: WW_P01M-V5.5.7-20170119

OS Codename: REL

SizeCache-Background Image@7f3368b: size = 0, max = 394246208, used = 0%, numItems = 0, active = true

Picasso: size = 0, max = 26312553, used = 0%

0 Likes