Verizon Message+ was updated but contact names no longer appear on computer
mikek22

Recently Verizon Message+ did an automatic update.   This is to the app on my computer that I use to get messages, same message as my phone.   When this happened, all the messages are there but just a phone number.   None of the contact names show up on the computer app.   They are still there on the phone app.   Additionally if I log in to Verizon and do the online message service all the contacts show up.   How do I get the names back?   They were there prior to the update.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Message+ was updated but contact names no longer appear on computer
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@mikek22 wrote:

Recently Verizon Message+ did an automatic update.   This is to the app on my computer that I use to get messages, same message as my phone.   When this happened, all the messages are there but just a phone number.   None of the contact names show up on the computer app.   They are still there on the phone app.   Additionally if I log in to Verizon and do the online message service all the contacts show up.   How do I get the names back?   They were there prior to the update.

There have been numerous threads regarding the new Verizon Message+ desktop app and where it gets its contact info.  There has been NO resolution/explanation from the Verizon Messaging Team, in this Forum or via direct email to verizonmessages at verizonwireless dot com.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
jav6
Champion - Level 3

I found that on my Win10 desktop, adding my google account to Start->Settings->Accounts->Email&Accounts->Add an Account populated my contacts in the Windows My People list.  This appears to help although nobody from VerizonWireless has confirmed this is where Message+ desktop app gets its contacts.  Using Start->Settings->Personalization->Taskbar->People->Show Contacts places People Contacts on the taskbar allowing easy access to edit.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
mikek22

Thanks for the reply.   My GMail account was already tied to it.   I tried adding and account but do not see how to add the contacts from my phone....not listed as an option.  At least while I am doing it from my computer.  Tried settings on phone but again  google is already synced.

Did the personalization also.   Did not appear to do anything.  Thanks for trying.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mikek22

We want to see you use this feature to its full capability. Did you update the Verizon Message+ application on your device, as well?  https://www.verizon.com/support/how-to-use-verizon-messages-android/

-Lasina

0 Likes
mikek22

I have Verizon Message on my android phone and on my Windows computer.   The app on the phone is fine.   The app on the computer was forced to update recently and since then I have NO CONTACT NAMES, only phone numbers.   Really a pain since I no longer memorize phone numbers.   I saw nothing in your post that would help me with app on the computer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to ensure you get the assistance you need, mikek22. I am here for support and would like clarify/gather more information to better assist you. Let's get clarify information to get started! Did your contacts (numbers) transfer- but the names are missing? *Cheyenne

0 Likes
mikek22

That is correct, the names are not there.   The messages and phone numbers are there.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mikek22-

I am sorry to hear that your Messaging Plus app is not working on your computer. May I ask what Windows version does your computer have? 

-Angie

0 Likes
mikek22

Windows 10.   It was working a month ago.   A few weeks ago, it updated and none of the contact names appear on the computer app any longer.   They names are still on the phone app.   The message and phone numbers are in both places.

0 Likes