Verizon Messages App Blocked by Windows Internet Filter
BMG4ME
Contributor - Level 1

I have the latest version of the Verizon Messages App for Windows 10.  It suddenly stopped working, and it seems to be related to the Covenant Eyes filter that I have installed on my PC. Does anyone happen to know the hostname(s) of the servers that the Verizon Messages App communicates with so that I can manually configure the filter to let all the relevant traffic through, assuming this is the problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Messages App Blocked by Windows Internet Filter
BMG4ME
Contributor - Level 1

Sorry this is in the wrong place, I just found a Verizon Messages topic although I'd still appreciate an answer.

0 Likes
BMG4ME
Contributor - Level 1

Looks like this has been moved to the right place now.  Oddly enough this issue only occurs with the new Verizon Messages App for Windows 10, not the old Message+ program for Windows 7.  I also solved the problem (for me) by rolling back to an earlier version of Covenant Eyes.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I definitely understand where you're coming from. Verizon Messages is a great app. We don't have that information available. We do recommend reaching out to your security software's manufacturer for assistance on this matter.

JosephT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes