Verizon Messages App-Mute Conversation
staranowski
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the Verizon Messages App and use it instead of the default that is installed on my phone (galaxy s6). It was recently updated and now shows the option of muting a conversation. What does that do? Will I still receive the message but the sound/notification is turned off? Do I not receive messages from that person at all, similar to blocking someone? This may be a silly question but any clarification would be appreciated!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Messages App-Mute Conversation
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have the right customizations for your device, staranowski. I use this feature frequently as well primarily for long group notifications that then to go sound crazy. Mute Conversation will allow the messages to come through but without playing any notification sounds.

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have the right customizations for your device, staranowski. I use this feature frequently as well primarily for long group notifications that then to go sound crazy. Mute Conversation will allow the messages to come through but without playing any notification sounds.

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
briarlea

Can you mute all messages (like when you want to sleep), or can you only mute at the conversation level?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to get enough rest without interruptions, briarlea. If you want to mute all messages you simply select the Mute option for the phone and this will also mute all the notifications for the Message+ application. Please visit this link (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-175531/) for easy instructions.

Are there any other Verizon Wireless questions that we can answer for you today?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes