Verizon Messages Plus App
gmopro1
Contributor - Level 3

After the latest update on my Samsung phone, i noticed that the texting changed.  Now when i get a message and click on the contact, it takes me to where i would normally tap once and then my keyboard would open.  Now i tap and i get a cursor and a green droplet pointing to it, then i have to tap again to get my keyboard. Why 2 taps now? I liked it better before.  Can that be fixed? It is not the keyboard. With any keyboard it acts the same.  I have called Verizon wireless and let them know about this also.

Re: Verizon Messages Plus App
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@gmopro1 wrote:

After the latest update on my Samsung phone, i noticed that the texting changed.  Now when i get a message and click on the contact, it takes me to where i would normally tap once and then my keyboard would open.  Now i tap and i get a cursor and a green droplet pointing to it, then i have to tap again to get my keyboard. Why 2 taps now? I liked it better before.  Can that be fixed? It is not the keyboard. With any keyboard it acts the same.  I have called Verizon wireless and let them know about this also.

Using the App's Settings or the Play Store app access, have you provided this feedback direct to the developers?  That may be a quicker path to resolution.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
gmopro1
Contributor - Level 3

Ok, so I have already tried calling them, emailing the developer email which just sent a canned response back, and then I also used the app to send in a bug email and then a suggestion. The suggestion is to not have 2 taps to get my keyboard opened. Have it like it was. ...one tap for a text response. Weird that it got worse. It is supposed to be better with updates.  Verizon needs to work with Samsung i guess or figure out how the latest Android update caused this.  

Verizon also needs a better way to get to this forum.  The site location seems to change and that causes log in issues.  Cant get to it from the wireless account page. I had to look it up and use that. the old path must have been moved.

0 Likes
mdmk
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't remember the path I took, but I got a link supposedly from Verizon for a fix but when it try to load it I get a message that it's suspicious so I'm afraid to load it.

https://client.vzmlab.com/vzmand/instabug/VZMessages-7.1.1-16-market-release-signed.apk

0 Likes
gmopro1
Contributor - Level 3

Ok, so i finally got in to the verizon wireless community.  Verizon needs a link to this from the main account page IMO.  Now i deal with other issues like blank pages and i have to refresh many times to see the page. Strange. Always a battle here, but i got it now.   The main issue that started this is the MESSAGES PLUS APP...after the software update.  So I noticed after that update, that it had an extra step with text responses.  That is just unacceptable.  Verizon makes it difficult to directly message the developers and expect any response and i get it..they have a ton of customers.  But this is unacceptable.  We want fewer steps, not more. Skip that silly cursor step and the green droplet verizon. please check your apps after updates are approved. Check them and use your own apps so that we dont see the bugs.  Cmon man. i have wireless and Fios for a long time. i deserve better.  Please look at your app!  ditch that extra step please.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gmopro1, we understand the frustration with changes in texting. To clarify, is this specifically when using the Verizon Messages app or standard texting on your phone? Did you update the app or the phone software itself? Updates whether app update or software updates do include many changes designed to improve a customer's experience, but that can also involve changes to accessibility such as you are describing.

-Joshua

0 Likes
gmopro1
Contributor - Level 3

Hi,

I specified the app name. It is Messages Plus.

After the update on my S10, the texting now takes a tap and a tap. First tap just results in a droplet pointing to a cursor. Second tap then opens up my virtual keyboard. Used to be one step. Now 2. Dont need that first step. why do i need to tap twice?  i dont need a pointer to a cursor before i type something. Need better quality control.  Another Samsung user had the same issue so this is not just me. i saw that on the samsung community forum. Verizon needs to work with Samsung or Android,etc to fix this one.  As we move into the future, customers look for fewer steps, not more steps.

gmopro1
Contributor - Level 3

i cant edit my response now because too much time, but i wanted to say that the update on my S10 was a big update so i guess it was an Android update.  Also, this involved responding to texts.

I used to just tap the person, then once in the next screen , tap that area where you type and my keyboard would come up. Now, it just results in a green droplet pointing to a cursor. (A useless step for me that just wastes time.) needs to be ditched.   Hope Verizon can fix this and have it as it was prior to this update.  It is annoying.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gmopro1, I truly appreciate your efforts as we want this app to work for you. Contacting the developer is the best and most direct way to submit the feedback. I know that this is a Verizon product but the developers take the feedback and make changes as via the customer service route, we will troubleshoot the issue. I'm sure you have done the normal steps of ensuring the software was update and uninstalled and re-installed so if all these steps have been completed, I would advise to wait to see what the developers say and use the stock application that came with the phone until a fix has been released. 

0 Likes
mdmk
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do you contact development??

It's an issue with the Android update, not the app.  The app was working fine before the phone update. 

0 Likes