Verizon Messages+ crashes every time I select attach.
cdvaughn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Looking for fix for Verizon Messages+....It crashes everytime I select attach.  I have an LG V20.

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon Messages+ crashes every time I select attach.
AARTUR48
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exact same problem here. Just started happening yesterday afternoon. No changes to the phone, which is fully up to date (LG V20) and no changes to Message+ either. I tried rebooting the phone a couple of times, but that didn't help. Uninstalled and reinstalled Message+, but that did nothing to fix this.

Note: canned help desk responses about restarting phones or reinstalling app will be openly mocked.

Smithersss
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue and the same phone. I also fully up to date and have tried several messaging apps including pulse and google messenger with no success. I have been able to use Textra without it crashing but I prefer message+ and hope they come up with a fix. Factory reset of the phone fixes the issue temporarily but it always comes back. I have verified this with 3 resets.

cdvaughn
Enthusiast - Level 1

The LG Messaging app seems to work fine though.

Smithersss
Enthusiast - Level 1

I noticed this as well I think it's because when you attach a file it opens up the Google file manager and not a built in file navigation UI. All appsthat use a separate file manager to attach files seem to work fine.

Fiskwill
Enthusiast - Level 2

Forced update and now many of my apps (facebook, whatsapp, message+) cannot upload photos from gallery. App links to gallery with no photos and then restarts app. The canned answers dont resolve.

AARTUR48
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issue as Fiskwill without having forced any updates. I very much suspect that Smithersss is correct on this one and it's an Android issue rather than with the Message+ app. I can no longer directly attach files from gallery/file system in Instagram, Facebook, and several other apps. Because this began happening shortly after the latest Android update..

At any rate, we're at 24 hours since the original post and still no Verizon response here. Not even a "we're checking on this" or "new update being worked on now.." 😕

Fiskwill
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still crickets on a solution?

0 Likes
lorenb_vzw
Verizon Employee

cdvaughn, your messages and memories are important. Let's work to get to the bottom of this. Which LG do you have? Do you recall adding any recent apps, games or software? Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this happens? Are you able to receive picture messages with Messages +?

LorenB_VZW

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
Fiskwill
Enthusiast - Level 2

After update, apps do not call up media database to upload photos. Apps are updted, caches cleared, etc.

0 Likes