Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,834 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions
Verizon Messages importing unwanted contacts into my People App on Desktop App
billhitchcox

I am having an issue with the Messages Desktop App. I download the messages app, and synced my People app with my Google Contacts. After I install the Desktop app, all my contacts appear on Verizon Messages, and everything is good. Then, all the sudden Verizon Messages imports a bunch of contacts from I don't know where, and overwrites my Google Contacts.  I have tried completely deleting all of my contacts from Verizon Cloud, but the Messages App is still importing them from somewhere. All the contacts are still there, and I don't even know where to find them to delete them. I have tried uninstalling the Verizon Messages app, and many other things, but nothing works. The Cloud App has all my google contacts, and it works perfectly. So does the phone messages app, but somehow, the desktop app is pulling these mystery contacts that are undeletable onto my People app every time it is installed. I have tried deleting them from the People App, and it says they are deleted on the People app from Verizon Messages, but the next day, there they all were again. I am at a loss and don't know what to do at this point except report the issue.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Messages importing unwanted contacts into my People App on Desktop App
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

billhitchcox, 

We want to make sure your contacts are syncing how you want them to. I understand this is a difficult situation for you and appreciate you attempting to correct on your own. Let's get a few more details. Do you have any other mail applications or contact applications that you sync your contacts too besides Google? Do you recognize where these contacts came from originally? Can you merge or clean up the list in Google and delete the unwanted contacts?

Jenelle_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Messages importing unwanted contacts into my People App on Desktop App
billhitchcox

I honestly have no clue where the contacts are coming from. I only have my Google contacts synced, no other contacts. And when I deleted the messages app, all the unwanted contacts are deleted from my People app. Mail is only drawing from Gmail. The only contacts on my computer are from Google Contacts, and the unwanted contacts are only present when Verizon Messages is present.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's find the source of the mystery contacts. One of the more common sources is Facebook Messenger. To undo the sync:

Go into the Facebook Messenger app. Tap the far right icon at the top, the profile icon. Scroll down and tap SMS. At the top there is "Default SMS app", this will be turned on for you. Turn it off.

0 Likes