Verizon Messages keyboard issues
ROBCRO23

I have recently started to use the Verizon Messages app instead of Android Messages but I am having problems with the Keyboard.

When I try to start a text message in a thread when I press the message text box to start typing the message but I have to press a second time for the keyboard to popup.  Once I press twice in the message text box the keyboard pops up.   

If I can't figure out a solution I will have to go back to Android Message for my texting app.

I am using this on a Google Pixel 4XL with all the latest updates.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Messages keyboard issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're very sorry about any complications using the app, ROBCRO23. We always want to make sure apps work the best they can on all devices. We would recommend emailing the app team to see if they can diagnose the problem and get it working for you with just one selection instead of two. They can be reached directly at VerizonMessages@VerizonWireless.com 

We hope this helps!

0 Likes
MDBertocci

Hi. I believe I am experiencing the same..  When I reply to a text the teardrop appears in the area that says "Type a message . . . " instead of the keyboard popping-up. To get the keyboard pop-up I must tap on that area twice. Why do I have to do that? The Message+ version is 7.0.10. I am using Samsung Galaxy S21 5G and Android version 11. Thank you! -Mark B.

0 Likes
MDBertocci

Hi again.. This is an addendum to my prior post: I did not experience this concern on my Samsung Galaxy J3 Mission I had until I got the Samsung Galaxy S21 5G yesterday. - Mark B.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which keyboard application are you using? The Google Gboard or another keyboard app? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MDBertocci
Spoiler

Hi Ann154.  I am using the Samsung keyboard.  Thabk you, Mark B.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MDBertocci, we are here for you to help with getting your text messages working again. So we can look into this, please send us a Private Note. 

JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MDBertocci, we completely understand and would be happy to help. Please send us a Private Note when you would like to begin. 

JoseL_VZW

0 Likes