Verizon Messages on Windows 10 notification badges not disappearing
Flickstiq

I've downloaded the Verizon Messages App from the Windows 10 Store. I was able to successfully set it up and use it. It's working well. The only issue is that with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, open Apps can display notification badges on the Task Bar (the little circle on the icon that shows the number of unread notifications). This feature is not working in Verizon Messages. It always shows one unread message even though I've opened and clicked on every single message that I've received in the App. This persists even after quitting and relaunching the App. I've also reinstalled the App a few times, and the issue always returns. I'm not the only one experiencing the problem (I see people mentioning it in the Windows Store Reviews section on the App Page. Looks to be a bug related to compatibility with the Anniversary update. Is there any way around this issue? It would be really nice for the notification badge to be accurate for the App. If there is no work-around, I hope that Verizon sees this and is made aware that an update is needed.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Messages on Windows 10 notification badges not disappearing
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you using the app on a computer or a Windows phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Flickstiq

This is on a computer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Flickstiq,

Verizon Messages is a fantastic application. We do suggest you make sure the software is fully up to date. There are many different software patches once it has been released.

Does the application bring the one notification back immediately when you redownload the application?

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Flickstiq

Hi,

No, when I reinstall the App, it has no notification badges until I receive the first new message after installing. Meaning that it's not a notification that has been synced. I don't experience this notification problem on my iPod Touch or iPad. It's strictly limited to the Verizon Messages App in the Windows 10 store. And all of my software on the computer is 100% up to date. I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro version 1607 build 14393.51.

0 Likes
TESTHO28
Enthusiast - Level 1

Any updates to this?  I have the exact same issue after the latest windows 10 update.

Aion_Heals
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am experiencing the same issue. The icon now shows 12 unread messages when they have all been read. Is Verizon working on a solution? Does Verizon acknowledge that there is a problem?

ROBLAM95

In addition to the counter error --  it says I have two unread messages.  I have none -- the senders do not correspond to my contact list.  On my phone, I get the correct sender.  On my Windows 10 computer, I get another sender.  Where does Verizon Messages get its contact information.  How can I update that list?

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think that it is a bug as both of my Microsoft Surface devices also exibit the same symptom.

For now, I remove & restore the app to clear the counter. The next time I might try to simply reset the app to see if that works as well.

Maybe the issue will be resolved with the next Redstone update. If not...Verizon Wireless will need to resolve it.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think that the Verizon Messaging app pulls contact information from the People app.

0 Likes