Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,156 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions
Verizon Messages+- predictive text issue
CMD1031
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone else have trouble with predictive text in the Verizon Messages app?  I use Gboard and gesture typing ("swype").  When I start to type a word, the predictive text will usually guess it before I finish my "swype."  So I stop swyping and choose the word.  Except it doesn't replace what I started typing, it appends the new, correct word to whatever I had started typing.

So for example, if I'm trying to swype/gesture type "would" and it shows "wor," and then I choose the word "would" from the predictive text bar, the actual message will now say "worwould."  This is INCREDIBLY annoying and this doesn't happen when typing in other apps. 

I think this was happening about 2 years when I was on my Moto X Pure, and I switched to Textra because of it.  I'm on a Galaxy S8 now.  Same issue.  I like the features in Verizon Messages better than Textra (and no ads), but this issue is beyond frustrating. 

Thoughts?  TIA!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Messages+- predictive text issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us, CMD1031. We want to ensure that your predicitve text is working as it should. Have you tried uninstalling the app and redownloading it to your device?

MahrizaM_VZW

0 Likes
NomusaMagic
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same issue ... Samsung Note 8, VZW Message+, G-Board keyboard. Does EXACTLY as earlier poster described. Yes, I've deleted app and reinstalled.

Not only does it ADD the autocorrect word to whatever I'm typing (2 words stuck together) .. it's really hard to go back and manually edit what I've written. The words highlighted in white won't let me manually fix (can only delete entire word) ... and typically repositions cursor in any random spot. Not where I want to edit

Only using Messages+ as work around because stock Samsung messaging app MMS (not text SMS) can hang for minutes, hours .. or NEVER send. This started after Oero update

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NomusaMagic,

We know how important it is to have a properly working device. Is the Verizon Message+ application up to date with the latest update? Do you only have issues with your predictive messaging while in the Message+ application, or does this also happen in other applications as well?

0 Likes
NomusaMagic
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello. Appreciate response but issues described ONLY happen in VZW Messages+. Sadly, went back now to using stock, Note 8 messaging app. 

Had been told by VZW that issues with Samsung messages (SMS ok but MMS could take up to 45 mins or never sent) .. could be solved by using VZW Messages+

Messages+ ... I've uninstalled and reinstalled but no change. 

✔️Scheduled messages randomly sent (not always, but often). Just disappears from my device and person sent to says not received

✔️predicted text appends to what I started typing (ex: blewblueberry)

✔️cursor doesn't land where I put it when editing predicted white bubble text ... goes to random spot, typically end

✔️ Sometimes, text in a message intentionally UNSENT ... will NOT erase. Backspace, select all/cut ... Exit out of message and it's back as a draft. Do this several times but it just won't go away

Thanks! Lynn 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm eager to get your messages working as they should be, NomusaMagic

Can you please try placing the phone in Safe Mode, and test the messages while in Safe Mode? This will disable any third party apps, but you will be able to use basic functions, including texts. Please keep us posted. 

https://vz.to/2lX8z04

Vanessa_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes