Verizon Messages sending random texts
KevinR_
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, I have a Motorola Droid HD and I am using Verizon Messages. (I HAVE disabled the phones native messaging app) I have been experiencing the following issues:

1. Most importantly, I noticed that after I send a message, the messaging app will send another message to the same recipient, including part of a conversation from weeks before, with part of the message that was just sent previously. This has only occurred twice so far, that I know of...but within the past 24hrs.

2. I have to "wake" my phone sometimes for my text messages to come in.

3. New message notifications are spotty (conversations are not muted).

Please help! Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Messages sending random texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there KevinR.! I regret the behavior of your Verizon Messages service. I know I'd feel very unsettled to see that behavior on my device. It sounds like a problem with the application itself. I recommend uninstalling it and then re-installing to test the service again. Let me know how that goes!

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there KevinR.! I regret the behavior of your Verizon Messages service. I know I'd feel very unsettled to see that behavior on my device. It sounds like a problem with the application itself. I recommend uninstalling it and then re-installing to test the service again. Let me know how that goes!

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
KevinR_
Enthusiast - Level 2

Re-installing the Verizon Messages app seemed to fix the ghost messaging. However, I'm still experiencing an intermittent issue with having to "wake" my phone for texts to come in, and New Message Notifications fail to appear sometimes as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the heads up, KevinR. We are so glad the ghost messaging has been fixed. Let's look deeper to wake up concern.Do you have the Maxx HD or Razr HD?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
KevinR_
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the RAZR HD.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the information and we will do all we can to get this issues resolved. Are you using a 3rd party messaging app?

KInquana_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
KevinR_
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using Verizon Messages downloaded from Google Play Store as my main Text Messaging app. I have disabled the "Messaging" app which came pre-loaded on my Droid RAZR HD. No only other two communication apps I have downloaded are Skype and Facebook Messenger.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KevinR.

Hmm, that odd! Let's try testing your phone is safe mode. Check this out: http://vz.to/1BdS9mG

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes