Verizon Messages web app appears to be down.
EvanM
Enthusiast - Level 1

I noticed a few other posts with Verizon Messages troubles in the past few weeks, but tonight it looks to be straight unavailable.

I tried connecting through Chrome (the page itself times out) and IE (the Verizon page loads but the web app itself just has a spinning wheel, forever) on two different computers (a Windows 7 desktop and a Windows 8.1 tablet) and my cell phone (Windows Phone 8.1). My internet connection is Verizon Wireless 4G LTE, so it would be a bit bizarre if it were an ISP issue; the rest of Verizon's site, including My Verizon, all loads just fine.

I have used it in both browsers, on multiple devices, as recently as yesterday without any issue. I tried clearing all browsing data (cache, passwords, security certificates, etc.) and restarting but I still get the same thing. All other internet traffic is, obviously, coming through just fine.

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon Messages web app appears to be down.
steveleverson
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem. It has been really flakey the last couple of days and today it stopped altogether,

Strange and frustrating.

firemandk
Enthusiast - Level 3

yes, it is down again, just like it was last night about the same time.....frustrating

0 Likes
firemandk
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am currently speaking with them again about the problem....it is down for them also

0 Likes
firemandk
Enthusiast - Level 3

Down again, called again.....no credit on bill, verizon says online messaging is a courtesy....well my business to them is also a courtesy....there are a lot of other carriers...get it fixed verizon, a lot of people need online texting because of their situation!

0 Likes
EvanM
Enthusiast - Level 1
verizon says online messaging is a courtesy

I don't know how much of a credit I would expect, but saying it's a courtesy is kind of a slap in the face.

Don't get me wrong, I love my service; but if VZ Messages is a courtesy, it's the only courtesy I've ever seen with apps on Android and iPhone, a Desktop client, a web app, a support page, its own set of terms and conditions with an express license to use the "courtesy" (which isn't called that anywhere in any of these places), and a privacy policy. I guarantee they have used online messaging in marketing for their service.

Yeah, I know Verizon can terminate the service any time without notice. That doesn't mean they should.

If this is a "courtesy," so is everything else Verizon provides. Duly noted.

gmm80
Enthusiast - Level 1

Add me to the list of users having the same problem. At the current time, I can see previous texts that I sent/received directly from my phone, but I can't send anything and can't delete anything. When I'm at home, I would much rather use the Web App than text off my phone. I really hope someone is working on this issue!

firemandk
Enthusiast - Level 3

I once again called ...day 4, phone call #4. It always goes down in the evening. I am using 3 computers, with 3 different operating systems, and have tried IE and chrome....it is obviously a problem with there web page/server/programming but I still have not got an answer.It worked all day till 5 pm...then nothing..loading loading loading.... I FINALLY was able to click on their link and download the App for PC's.....but only on one computer. we'll see how that works....  Their tech department seems to be in denial that there is an issue...again, please call and complain so they get this fixed !

0 Likes
firemandk
Enthusiast - Level 3

and now it's working again....ridiculous !

0 Likes
firemandk
Enthusiast - Level 3

and I finally was able to download the App from the web page on a thumb drive and now have it installed on two computers....one with Windows XP and one with Windows Vista Home and it seems to be working on both.......

0 Likes