Verizon Messages will not sync contacts on PC app
Salzano14
Enthusiast - Level 1

This has been driving me mad and I cannot figure out what to do.

I just started using Verizon Messages+ on my Galaxy S6 Edge. Love it. It's a great app.

I pull up the Verizon Messages on the web app. No issues. Messages are there and contacts sync with Verizon Cloud.

I pull up the Verizon Messages desktop app on my Windows 10 laptop. Everything works fine, *except* my contacts do not sync. Not only do they not sync, there isn't even any way to ADD contacts. And half the time, messages I send elsewhere don't update on the desktop app -- such as right now.

Why is this happening? I backed up all of my contact to the Verizon Cloud. It obviously worked, because the contacts show on the web app -- just not the desktop app. AND my messages on the desktop app won't sync, and there's not even a way to force sync like there is on the web app.

Help! This is driving me INSANE!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Messages will not sync contacts on PC app
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Salzano14, thanks for reaching out to us to review this further. I realize how important it is to have a working and capable app. You can learn here: http://spr.ly/6585BCnKh

KristieQ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gocashless
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi there,

Did Verizon ever give you a FIX to your Message + Contacts NOT syncing between your Laptop & Phone?

My problem is exactly the same and Tech support hasn't been able to help.  I've called tech coaches 3-times, no luck and hours spent.  My resolution was just to add the contact again through message+ on my laptop.

The app works well for syncing message content but does NOT sync contacts.

When I pull up the Verizon Messages desktop app on my Windows 7 Pro laptop, message content syncs back and forth no problem.  It doesn't matter where the message is sent from or replied from laptop or phone, they sync

However, my contacts do not sync, EVER.  If I add through the app on my phone, it will NOT sync to my Laptop.  If I add the contact on my Laptop it will NOT sync to my phone.

Let me know if you have a fix.

Thanks,
Brady

julierash
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem (except my laptop is a Mac) and it's making me crazy! Syncing a contact list is a very basic function and it's ridiculous that it won't work. In fact, it's a deal breaker for me. Without a workable solution, I'm going to have to go back to Mighty Text.

0 Likes
epranch
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am getting contacts added on my phone to sync over the first time they send a text, but sometimes it includes their name, sometimes just the phone number.  Any clues?

SirGerry

Recap: had old M+ app on my laptop which worked fine, but V told me you have to upgrade as the old app won't work after end of month. Tried the keep data upgrade and it froze (probably required Cloud which I don't use than you very much), so had to uninstall app and install from scratch. It's there but no contacts or msg history. Worse - it wouldn't let me add to its empty contact list, so could not send texts. Total F-up (and I'm a software professional) by Verizon.

However I sent a text from my phone today, and found that the message shows in the laptop app, and the recipient is now in its contact list!  I can now send from the laptop to that contact.

Hoping this works consistently, and that the app can slowly learn new contacts this way cumulatively.

So far this has worked for me - the app seems to have no 'add contact' so it had better keep working this way. What cr*ppy sw. [Verizon just refused to allow me to Post due to "bad word" "cr*ppy" JH.C! so edited previous sentence]

Hope that this works consistently for me and will work for others too!

Good Luck!

0 Likes
KH-cathy29811

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes