Verizon Messaging app showing gibberish
ERDoc74
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was using the Verizion Messaging app on my Mac and it was working just fine until recently. Now most (but not all) messages I receive on the Mac version of the app show some gibberish appended to the end of each message. As an example:

"-----=_Part_4693989_1519796907.1449778051017"

was attached to the end of the last message I received.  This does not show up on my actual phone app, just the Mac app. Any idea whats going on and how to fix?

verizon gibberish.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Messaging app showing gibberish
Not applicable

HI EVERYONE,

We are aware of that issue and are working to resolve it. We are planning a MAC update next week with this fix.

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

THANK YOU,

ALIE

View solution in original post

0 Likes
nexusgirl

I'm having the exact problem.  Just started today, and only on my Mac.  The web version, ipad app, and phone app do not have the gibberish.   I just updated my Verizon Messages Mac app yesterday.  Please fix.

0 Likes
TheS1R
Contributor - Level 2

I see this as well starting a couple of days ago.  Can someone please look into the issue?!?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your messages should be gibberish free, ERDoc74.  We've identified that this is occurring due to not have the latest version of Verizon Messages. To correct this, please ensure both your device and the application are up to date.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TheS1R
Contributor - Level 2

@AndreaS_VZW: I have the latest available at the Apple App Store is v1.5.2, dated 30 November, installed on my MacBook Pro (with gibberish). From the Google Play Store, Message+ 6.0.8 is installed on my Samsung Galaxy S6 edge (with no gibberish). Please provide where later version(s) are available.

0 Likes
nexusgirl

I have the same versions on my MacBook Air and my Nexus.  Please push out later versions for download if that will fix the issue.

0 Likes
trivinity

Like others on this thread, I have the latest version but I am also seeing the strange gibberish in every incoming text on the desktop app on Mac.  The PC version and phone versions are normal.

Do you have any other trouble shooting suggestions?

0 Likes
ERDoc74
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wish I could click "Correct Answer", but unfortunately the gibberish is still occurring. I've updated to the latest version on both my phone (6.0.8) and on the Mac (1.5.2).  Please help, I need this non-sense to stop cluttering up my messaging.

0 Likes
Not applicable

HI EVERYONE,

We are aware of that issue and are working to resolve it. We are planning a MAC update next week with this fix.

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

THANK YOU,

ALIE

0 Likes