Verizon Messenger causing data overlimits
johnnycaruso

Is anyone else experiencing data overlimits after switching to Verizon Messenger? I never had a problem with default Samsung app. After I switched to Verizon Messenger (which uses data, not text allowances) a few months ago, I have been exceeding my 8GB data plan every month. Bill states 33% of data is used for messenging now, which is ridiculous. Its higher than my media usage.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Messenger causing data overlimits
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Do you mean Verizon Message+ ?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

johnnycaruso, It's essential that we work together to get your data usage under control. Other than Verizon Message+, do you use any other messaging applications (like Facebook Messenger)? How much do you typically use Verizon Message+? Do you send pictures and videos with it?

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
johnnycaruso

I do not use Facebook. The only messaging application I used during the overage time was Verizon which I have now disconnected. I think I sent one or two videos during that 3 months time and more photos but I can't imagine the amount of photos could possibly have come anywhere near the amount of data the statement said I was using - maybe on average one photo a day. At this point I have stopped using Verizon messenger or messenger plus or whatever it's called so I'll see how my data is on my next statement to determine if that may have been the problem. Thank you for your response.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

johnnycaruso- It's important to understand how Verizon Messages works with your phone. We would love the update from you since the app has been removed, but we can advise that you will use data with the app when you send and receive high resolution videos (greater than 5MB) over the Verizon network, but of course no data is used with high resolution videos send over WiFi. 

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes