Verizon Virtual Gift Card
joebwg
Enthusiast - Level 3

I submitted a trade-in on March 22nd and was "issued" a virtual gift card with a card number and a pin, but whenever I try to use the gift card, I am told the pin issued in the email is invalid.  I have called several times to rectify my issue and have never received any communication.  What do I need to do to get this resolved?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Virtual Gift Card
joebwg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Finally got the link to get my gift card resolution.  Got everything squared away.  Glad @Jewells72 got her gift card resolution too.  I'll close this thread as resolved or "Correct Answer".

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you have all the information that you need to get this resolved. What number have you been contacting previously? Did they give you any information on why your Gift Card is not working? Have you spoken with a representative in our Trade in Department?

*Robert

0 Likes
joebwg
Enthusiast - Level 3

I contacted the main Customer Service line at 800-711-3400, multiple times.  The representative was able to verify the gift card and the amount in the gift card, but verified that the pin I was issued was incorrect.  I have spoken with the trade-in department, but no one has resolved my issue.  The last representative I spoke to had submitted a dispute form to inquire about the email I was sent with the gift card number.  When I attempted to check the balance of the virtual gift card through both the website and calling #GIFT, it says it's an invalid gift card.  The representative was able to see the balance of the card through his interface.  This has been a issue for months and I just want a gift card that works.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have a working gift card too, joebwg. In a situation like the one you describe a form is filled out and sent to address the problem with the current gift card. If a new pin is not able to be created, then the current one is canceled and a new gift card is created and sent. 

However, this process can take up to 2 weeks from when the form was submitted for you. If it has been over 2 weeks since that time, then we can take a look at your gift card for you to see what's going on. Let us know about the time frame since the form was submitted.

-Steven

0 Likes
joebwg
Enthusiast - Level 3

It was over two months ago.  I never received any correspondence.

0 Likes
joebwg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can another form be submitted??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getteing back to us. This is a great question, and certainly one we want to consider. What was the time frame since the form was submitted? Thanks in advance. -Rosie

0 Likes
joebwg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Customer service (on the phone) said they submitted the form and that I should hear back within a week.  I've never received any communication since.  I contacted customer service, via phone, over three months ago.  The gift card was actually approved in March of this year, but I've never been able to use it because of the invalid pin that that came with the email.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

joebwg, we certainly want for you to get the promotion you deserve. I have sent you a Private Note so we may look further into this for you. 

-Christine

0 Likes
Jewells72
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same problem. Did you get a resolution for this?

Every time I call customer service, I am on the phone with them for hours. Each representative says they have escalated the issue and I should see the credit applied to my bill. This all began in March,  the money shows on the card but the pin is not valid and now we are going into October.  It has become a joke.  On each call I am promised it has been taken care of.... and yet..... no access with either the correct pin # or credit being applied to my bill.  I finally was given a 1-800-876-4141 to call but there isn't even an option to speak with someone. I am at the point that I feel that if I want a resolution to this, I need to report my complaint to the FTC. 

0 Likes