Verizon message+ unwanted group text.
JRREY28

I changed my number about 2 months ago, I have the note5 and use Verizon message+, when I text my brother it automatically adds my old number as a group text even when I put his number as a new message only. It seems to do that only with his number. Any way to fix that?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon message+ unwanted group text.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JRREY28, we know it's important for your Message+ conversations to work correctly. It can be troublesome if your old mobile number automatically populates and converts your text to a group text when texting your brother.

Have you done any troubleshooting of your own yet? We would recommend attempting to send a text to your brother via the default messaging app on your Note 5. This will allow us to isolate the issue and find out if it's app related. If the issue only occurs within the Messages+ app, we would recommend resetting the app. This won't delete any personal content. Please feel free to visit the link below for additional details on how to reset the Messages+ application.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-175756/

LauraF_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ShuShu06

did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same problem with one of my contacts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sending messages from the right number is important, ShuShu06. You mentioned you are having this issue with one contact. Help is here. Please describe what happens with this contact. What happens with other contacts? How long has this been a concern?

Kati_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
brynxoxo

I'm having the same exact issue. Everytime I text my mother in law, it adds my old verizon number to the conversation and won't let me delete it. I've completed stopped the app, reset it, and uninstalled & reinstalled it and the issue will not go away. I went to a verizon store and they did not know how to fix it.

0 Likes
brynxoxo

Okay, so I figured out how to fix this. It's very technical, so I am going to explain it as best as I can. So, go into your settings and clear the data of the app, like the weblink above says. (You may not need to do that because I did that before I did the next steps and it didn't fix anything.) Then, click on the conversation and at the top it will have their names. Click the names at the top then switch from "Recipients reply to MMS" to "Recipients reply to Just Me". Then at the bottom, click create message. It should bring up where you get to choose contacts. At the top, it should have both numbers part of the original message. Hold down on the one you want to remove and a few options should pop up. Click remove recipient, then send a test message. You won't be able to tell it worked unless you send a message, so you have to do that. After that, it worked for me! Let me know if this helps!

0 Likes