Verizon messages inconsistent text auto reply
Mikedrechsler1

I've installed the verizon messages app on my iPhone and set it up to automatically reply to texts while I'm out of town. It seems to be replying to some incoming texts, but not all. Specifically, it seems to respond more frequently to texts from those not in my contacts list instead of my contacts. Is there a setting to control this? Is it only designed to respond to certain texts? What am I missing?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon messages inconsistent text auto reply
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mikedrechsler1, This is a great feature. Do you have the latest version of the messaging + application on your phone? Go into your App Store, tap on updates and select Verizon Messaging +

TrinetteW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mikedrechsler1

Yes, I have the most recent version of the app. It was just downloaded earlier this week. It does sound like a great feature, but it's still not working for me on a lot of my incoming texts.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You said you have an iPhone - perhaps the messages are coming in via iMessage, and not the Messages app, so Verizon Messages is not seeing them to auto respond to?

0 Likes
Mikedrechsler1

Ah, there we go. Let me give that a shot and see if that fixes things.

0 Likes