Verizon messaging app will intermittently stop working... help!
nikos

I am using the Verizon messaging app to receive personal texts on my work iPhone 5c.  The app plus the call forwarding service work wonderfully to allow me to only carry one phone. 

Occasionally my phone will not get texts through the app.  I can still receive texts through my work number (which goes through the standard iPhone messaging app).  I have tried 'closing' the app, restarting the phone, and ensured that 'allow app to work in background' is selected.  I have tried going through wifi and cell service - which does not make a difference.

All other data services (facebook, google, amazon, etc) still work.  Can you help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon messaging app will intermittently stop working... help!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi nikos!

Thanks for the information. I've reviewed the Frequently Asked Questions about the messaging app and there is one that pertains to your situation, since you have one iPhone and one Android.

Please try these steps:
To make all your messages available in Verizon Messages, turn off iMessage. Otherwise, some of your messages may use a messaging program that is only available on iOS and those messages will be unavailable on other devices. Turn off iMessage by going to Settings > Messages on your iPhone and choose OFF. You can turn iMessage back on if you stop using Verizon Messages.

Check out the link w/more info here:  http://vz.to/11fbvby

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You came to the right place for help nikos. Let's get those messages flowing. We need a additional information. You mentioned you have 2 phones, one of them an iPhone, is your personal phone an iPhone as well? How were you able to determing you're not receiving some messages? Have you verified the app is updated?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
nikos

My other phone is a HTC DNA.

I know I am not receiving texts because:

1. People who know my other number will start to text me on it or call (I receive calls on either number).

2. Outgoing texts will say 'sending' and take a very long time (hours) or never say 'sent'.

I've verified the outgoing date stamp on text messages from other peoples phones.

I am using the verizon text app version 1.4.1, downloaded through the apple app store.

After some time (sometimes 24 hours), I will get a sudden inrush of text messages and then the app will work normally for several days.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi nikos!

Thanks for the information. I've reviewed the Frequently Asked Questions about the messaging app and there is one that pertains to your situation, since you have one iPhone and one Android.

Please try these steps:
To make all your messages available in Verizon Messages, turn off iMessage. Otherwise, some of your messages may use a messaging program that is only available on iOS and those messages will be unavailable on other devices. Turn off iMessage by going to Settings > Messages on your iPhone and choose OFF. You can turn iMessage back on if you stop using Verizon Messages.

Check out the link w/more info here:  http://vz.to/11fbvby

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ventuckyspaz
Enthusiast - Level 3

VZ messenger app is awful and should be the first thing you delete when you get a new phone from them. Get rid of it and use the messaging app built into your phone and your issues will go away. I have an Android and got my mom the same model but through Verizon. We quickly deleted VZ messenger and installed Google voice instead (the messaging is a part of that app) and she has had no issues. VZ messenger is poorly designed and poorly updated. If you have an Apple phone you should definitely use their built in messenger app.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes