Verizon messaging service
Jghood

Does anyone know how to set up a secondary line in the web version of the verizon messaging service?  I can set up my primary phone number but not my secondary number.   Or does anyone know how to change which phone number is the primary?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon messaging service
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Each line on your account needs to have it's own MyVerizon login and password. 

Log out of the first account, clear cache/cookies, or use a different browser entirely, then go to verizonwireless.com and REGISTER the second number with a different username and password.  You can then set up Integrated Messaging for that number/line, as well as Backup Assistant, and other stuff unique to that number.

Post back if you are having problems.

Jghood
I tried this and when I try to register the other number on my plan it won't send me a password via text on this phone.  Any thoughts?
0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Jghood wrote:

I tried this and when I try to register the other number on my plan it won't send me a password via text on this phone.  Any thoughts?

It will send the passcode to the phone number being registered, as far as I know, and not to other numbers, even if they are on the same account. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's resolve this Jghood! In order to switch the main registered number for My Verizon I will need to unregister the current line, register the other number and then re-register the original number. You should be able to register the second number and receive a password on the number you are registering. If you need additional assistance please accept my follow request, follow me and send me a direct message with the number you are trying to register and the best contact number. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
scubadude561
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the exact same problem. Would like to know if this suggestion worked for the originator of this message. I have set up account for the second line and even managed to back up contacts etc, but still cannot register the app on the second line.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

scubadude561 wrote:

I have the exact same problem. Would like to know if this suggestion worked for the originator of this message. I have set up account for the second line and even managed to back up contacts etc, but still cannot register the app on the second line.

Is the app installed on the second device?

0 Likes
scubadude561
Enthusiast - Level 2

Cannot get a successful install. From what I can gather in talking to tech support both tier 1 & tier 2, there is a direct correlation between unable to access Integrated Messaging after logging in as the second account and the inability to successfully install the web app because of inability to authenticate.Both approaches appear to have the same final data bucket, that cannot be accessed for whatever reason. Sharing access on both lines is not a desirable solution.

0 Likes
Chellabella

I am having a a similar issue.  I downloaded the app, it sent me the code after entering my number, typed in the code and code only to receive an error message. Very frustrating. Having heard back from verizon. My dad is the account holder.. Not to sure what I am considered. Please help!!!!

0 Likes