Verizon messaging shows incorrect message count
borg_cube

I have installed the Verizon messaging app on my iPhone 6+ (iOS 8.2). The app continually shows a base message count of 13 messages even after I delete all messages both in the app or through the web interface. How can I zero the message count on the app?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon messaging shows incorrect message count
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
borg_cube, I know that can be frustrating and annoying at the same time. I can help get this resolved for you. Occasionally, the message waiting indicator may be out of sync with your mailbox. In that case, the indicator light or tone is ON but there are no messages waiting, or the indicator light or tone is OFF when there are new messages waiting.   To get the message indicator back in sync  1. Save or delete all new messages 2. Hang up. 3. If the message indicator does not go out or stop within a few minutes, there may be a problem, and you should contact Verizon. 4. If the message indicator does go out or stop, call your own number and leave a message 5. Hang up and wait 6. If the indicator light or tone does not come on within a few minutes, please let us know.  VanetrisC_VZW  Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: Verizon messaging shows incorrect message count
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

vanetrisc_vzw - borg_cube is referring to TEXT messages, not voicemail.

@borg_cube - on the phone, go into the app manager and clear the cache for the messaging app.  Then restart the phone and see if that clears it.

0 Likes