Verizon to verizon texting
bwood1

My girlfriend is currently on vacation in another country and we want to text/call.  We both have blackberrys and blackberry messenger, but we're wondering if calls/texts have the same costs as calls/texts to international numbers.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon to verizon texting
rcschnoor
Legend

Well first of all, she would have had to call Verizon prior to leaving the country to activate international roaming on her phone. She would also need to have a global version of the Blackberry. Not all Verizon Blackberries are capable of international roaming. Finally, any textsSHE sends/receives while in another country would be billed at the higher international rate, except for Canada, Puerto Rico and the USVI. These would be be billed at domestic rates. Any calls/texts you make to her phone would be billed at domestic rates for you and international rates for her.

Did she sign up for international roaming BEFORE she left? If not, you do not need to worry about it, since she will not be able to send/receive any calls/texts. If she did sign up, did she not enquire about the costs of these calls/texts?

International prices for calls are different for different countries and can be found here. International rates for texts while outside the US, Canada, Puerto Rico and the USVI are $0.50 for every text sent and $0.05 for every text received.

0 Likes
bwood1

She says she does have an International plan and we have been able to send texts, but we stopped because we don't know if there are any additional charges.  She says she isn't being charged anything, but I don't know if I am or not.  Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

If you have been texting, she must have enabled international roaming before she left for on vacation, but it doesn't sound as if she is aware of the charges of the plan. If she says that she is not incurring any charges, she does not know what she is talking about. While roaming internationally, she incurs a $0.50 fee for every address she sends a text to and a $0.05 fee for every text she receives.

You on the other hand are texting to a US cellular # and will not incur any additional charges.

This is all detailed in the link I provided in my first reply to your question.

0 Likes