Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
VerizonMessages Not Accepting Security Code
dontwannaregister

I've downloaded the VerizonMessages app directly from the Windows 10 store. When I try to set up the app, it starts by sending a security code to my phone and when I enter the code, I get a yellow banner at the bottom of the window saying "ERROR!"
I've tried multiple times on multiple days. I've tried uninstalling & re-downloading the app, still can't get it to work. There are no additional error codes available. 

0 Likes
Re: VerizonMessages Not Accepting Security Code
jav6
MVP
MVP

@dontwannaregister wrote:

I've downloaded the VerizonMessages app directly from the Windows 10 store. When I try to set up the app, it starts by sending a security code to my phone and when I enter the code, I get a yellow banner at the bottom of the window saying "ERROR!"
I've tried multiple times on multiple days. I've tried uninstalling & re-downloading the app, still can't get it to work. There are no additional error codes available. 

Have you searched the Community Forum for related discussions?  See:

Windows Message+ App - Verizon Community

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks so much! Please meet me in a Private Note. *Cecile

0 Likes
pedicle
Enthusiast

Today I spent a little over an hour with Tier 2 ..and 3? VZ tech support.  My Message+ app just shut down on all my computers simultaneously.  When I tried to restart as I have done many times over the years, I got the security code texted to me ...only to repeatedly see the error message  INVALID PIN.

I was told that the version I had for my WIN 7...and which has worked for years...will no longer work. No idea why?  Furthermore I was advised, NO PC will can run Message+ anymore.... with the exception of those with Windows 8.

They are planning a release of Message + sometime in the future.   Very bummed as I used that desktop Message+ app 50 plus times a day.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to ensure we are doing everything we can to assist you regarding this and are sending a Private Message to you so that we can go over everything together.-Sean

0 Likes