VerizonMessages Not Accepting Security Code
dontwannaregister

I've downloaded the VerizonMessages app directly from the Windows 10 store. When I try to set up the app, it starts by sending a security code to my phone and when I enter the code, I get a yellow banner at the bottom of the window saying "ERROR!"
I've tried multiple times on multiple days. I've tried uninstalling & re-downloading the app, still can't get it to work. There are no additional error codes available. 

0 Likes
Re: VerizonMessages Not Accepting Security Code
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@dontwannaregister wrote:

I've downloaded the VerizonMessages app directly from the Windows 10 store. When I try to set up the app, it starts by sending a security code to my phone and when I enter the code, I get a yellow banner at the bottom of the window saying "ERROR!"
I've tried multiple times on multiple days. I've tried uninstalling & re-downloading the app, still can't get it to work. There are no additional error codes available. 

Have you searched the Community Forum for related discussions?  See:

Windows Message+ App - Verizon Community

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much! Please meet me in a Private Note. *Cecile

0 Likes
pedicle
Enthusiast - Level 2

Today I spent a little over an hour with Tier 2 ..and 3? VZ tech support.  My Message+ app just shut down on all my computers simultaneously.  When I tried to restart as I have done many times over the years, I got the security code texted to me ...only to repeatedly see the error message  INVALID PIN.

I was told that the version I had for my WIN 7...and which has worked for years...will no longer work. No idea why?  Furthermore I was advised, NO PC will can run Message+ anymore.... with the exception of those with Windows 8.

They are planning a release of Message + sometime in the future.   Very bummed as I used that desktop Message+ app 50 plus times a day.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure we are doing everything we can to assist you regarding this and are sending a Private Message to you so that we can go over everything together.-Sean

0 Likes