Viewing Text Messages Online
AW51

Is it possible to view text messages that haven't been delivered to your phone yet online?  For example if you are out of the country, or are getting it repaired or otherwise don't have access to it for a while?

How long are these stored?  In searching for this, I saw the discussion about forwarding text messages (a useful feature that's not available) and the comment that text messages are only kept for 10 days.  If I'm not able to connect my phone to the Verizon network for 30 days, are 2/3 of my messages lost and never delivered? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Viewing Text Messages Online
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Text content is not viewable on-line, only text logs.

From Verizon's text FAQ:

The network will attempt to deliver the message for five days (120 hours) from the date of our receipt of the message. Messages not delivered within five days will be automatically deleted.

Text Messaging  FAQs | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Text content is not viewable on-line, only text logs.

From Verizon's text FAQ:

The network will attempt to deliver the message for five days (120 hours) from the date of our receipt of the message. Messages not delivered within five days will be automatically deleted.

Text Messaging  FAQs | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
AW51

Thanks, and FYI.  Text messages not delivered or read do not appear on the log, so there is no way to view how much you missed or from whom.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

AW51 wrote:

FYI.  Text messages not delivered or read do not appear on the log, so there is no way to view how much you missed or from whom.

That's true; I should have worded that differently.  My point was that you can't read text content on-line, you can only view logs of texts sent/received. 

0 Likes