Vitro landline
Suzie202

why wont my Panasonic talking caller id work with a Verizon vitra landline.  I now have to go look at my Vita screen to find out the number that called. 

0 Likes
Re: Vitro landline
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Suzie202,

We always want the best experience for all of our customers. What exactly is going on? What type of service do you have?

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
Suzie202

I have a Panasonic KX-TH6073 with talking caller ID.  It’s an old phone, but it worked fine until I hooked it to the Vitra. I want it to do what it did before. When the phone rang, it would say “Call from... (then give either a name or a phone #.)”. I have read the manual and my service is on. I have added caller ID to my landline. What can I do to get it to work?

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Suzie202 wrote:

I have a Panasonic KX-TH6073 with talking caller ID.  It’s an old phone, but it worked fine until I hooked it to the Vitra. I want it to do what it did before. When the phone rang, it would say “Call from... (then give either a name or a phone #.)”. I have read the manual and my service is on. I have added caller ID to my landline. What can I do to get it to work?

I think the question is: Do you have Verizon Wireless cell phone service or Verizon FIOS service with phone service?  This Forum is for Verizon Wireless service.  The Verizon FIOS Forum is at https://forums.verizon.com .

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Suzie202

I looked at my bill and I couldn’t tell. The Verizon device is an LVP2.  I also saw Verizon Lite and voice only.  That makes me think that they did not add caller ID when I called. What should I do?

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Suzie202 wrote:

I looked at my bill and I couldn’t tell. The Verizon device is an LVP2.  I also saw Verizon Lite and voice only.  That makes me think that they did not add caller ID when I called. What should I do?

According to https://www.verizon.com/home-office-solutions/wireless-home-phone-lvp2/ , "The Verizon Wireless Home Phone connects your existing landline phone to the Verizon 4G LTE network"

So it appears you have Verizon Wireless service.  Your bill should identify that.  When you called, what number did you call?  You might call them back and ask about Caller ID.

From the LVP2 User Manual:

"3.4 Receiving Calls
Once your Wireless Home Phone is set up and activated, it will be able to receive calls. When

an incoming call is received, the number of the incoming caller will be shown on the LCD

display. If the caller ID is blocked or unavailable, it will be shown as “Restricted.” "

It could be a software update is needed on the LVP2 or your Panasonic phone, or an update caused an issue with the Panasonic interpreting the Caller ID from the LVP2.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for offering the model information as that does confirm it is the Verizon Wireless Home Phone service. Does the Caller ID display on the face of the phone or screen? YaleK_VZW

0 Likes