Vtext messages: Severe Delay
Lara608
Enthusiast - Level 1

I use email to text using @VTEXT.com.  I use it to send daily weather forecasts to forest firefighters.  As of late, I send the email to text in the morning and my firefighters are getting the text hours later, in the evening.  It does go through Gmail but Gmail says it's been sent.  Any reason why it's become so difficult?

Re: Vtext messages: Severe Delay
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon Lara608 I'm sorry you are having difficulties sending text using emails. Any other apps having issues? Are you a current Verizon Wireless customer? -Joe

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Lara608 wrote:

I use email to text using @VTEXT.com.  I use it to send daily weather forecasts to forest firefighters.  As of late, I send the email to text in the morning and my firefighters are getting the text hours later, in the evening.  It does go through Gmail but Gmail says it's been sent.  Any reason why it's become so difficult?

There are numerous other threads regarding email-to-text from Google Mail to Verizon Wireless numbers.  The VZW gateways/servers seem to throttle the traffic when they see excessive traffic from Gmail.  Apparently the 'excessive' traffic does not have to be coming from a specific source as users have confirmed they are not sending many emails (to text).  Other email services (Yahoo, Comcast, etc) do NOT have this issue of being throttled.  There has not been any further VZW tech support explanation/resolution on this issue.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
rrn1894

I send messages with an outlook account, and I seem to have the same problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're here to help with any concerns you may have, rrn1894. Please tell us more about what's going on with your vtext. When did this issue start?  -Danielle

0 Likes
DG62
Enthusiast - Level 1

All my Verizon users have been experiencing text delays over the last week when sending SMS texts out of O365.  Verizon keeps deferring the messages.  server temporarily unavailable AUP#MXRT};{MSG=};{FQDN=vrz-sms.mx.a.cloudfilter.net} 

0 Likes
dm120
Enthusiast - Level 2

We've been experiencing the same problem for months now.  It's to the point where my entire team at work is looking to drop Verizon and go to another provider.

My group at work does customer support.  When a problem comes in, the alert is sent to our cellphones via Verizon SMS message.  We've seen several hour delays before the message shows up on our phone!  This is unacceptable.  My employees with AT&T phones get the message within seconds.  What is Verizon doing to resolve this delay?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This issue has gone on for far too long and we would never want to lose you.  Let's turn this around.  A private message is being sent to assist you further.

-Sean

0 Likes
ackerman48

0 Likes
ackerman48

I have the same issue - sending to 2 different mobile phones (Business and personal) from my Outlook mailbox, very slow to send - 20+ minutes 

0 Likes